Dodge Grand Caravan Performance
The 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan has decent handling and good acceleration, according to critics, but its uncomfortable ride and noisy engine make it less appealing than rivals.
- "For many drivers simply doing the weekly school-run and grocery-store duties, the Grand Caravan's shortcomings may not even be noticeable. But longer trips likely will reveal that this Dodge people mover doesn't ride as compliantly as its Japanese competitors, nor are its engine and transmission as smooth and silent." -- Edmunds
- "… both the Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna offer a more satisfying driving experience, albeit at a price premium." -- Kelley Blue Book
Acceleration and Power
The 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan comes with a 283-horsepower, 3.6-liter V6 engine and a six-speed automatic transmission. According to the EPA, the 2015 Grand Caravan gets 17/25 mpg city/highway, which is a bit below average for the class.
Most automotive journalists write that the 2015 Grand Caravan is powerful, but some add that its engine is louder than the competitions’. Others note that the transmission downshifts slowly at times.
- "With a best-in-class hp rating, the Grand Caravan has more than enough power to get out of its own way." -- AutoTrader
- "It's the Grand Caravan's overall refinement that runs behind the smoother Japanese competition. There is more ruckus from the Dodge Grand Caravan's V6, and its automatic transmission doesn't always shift as smoothly as we'd like." -- Edmunds
- "Its 283-horsepower V6 engine and a 6-speed automatic transmission make it the hot rod of the minivan class, and the brakes do a good job of hauling it to a stop again, too." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The transmission is smooth but can be reluctant to downshift when drivers request more power." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
Handling and Braking
Most test drivers say the 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan isn’t as comfortable as its rivals because it has a stiff suspension and a shaky ride over rough roads. However, they say it handles well thanks in part to its responsive steering.
- "As for handling, it's surprising that the Grand Caravan actually has reasonably precise steering, which mitigates the sensation that you're driving a bus." -- AutoTrader
- "The van's ride quality can also get a little course at times." -- Edmunds
- "The suspension blends competence and comfort nicely, and the decently weighted steering makes the Dodge Caravan an enjoyable long-haul companion." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Grand Caravan rides firmly for a minivan. Bump absorption is still good, but it tends to clatter a bit over rougher pavement surfaces." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
Next Steps: Dodge Grand Caravan
- View the best prices for the 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan
- Search used Dodge Grand Caravan for sale (12,106 listings)
- See Minivans rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals