2010 Dodge Journey Recalls & Reliability
There have been 3 safety recalls issued from NHTSA.
ELECTRICAL SYSTEMRecall Date: 06/26/2014
- Consequence: If the ignition key inadvertently moves into the OFF or ACCESSORY position, the engine will turn off, which will then depower various key safety systems including but not limited to air bags, power steering, and power braking. Loss of functionality of these systems may increase the risk of crash and/or increase the risk of injury in the event of a crash.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 14V373000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 525,206
- Summary: This defect can affect the safe operation of the airbag system. Until this recall is performed, customers should remove all items from their key rings, leaving only the ignition key. The key fob (if applicable), should also be removed from the key ring. Chrysler Group LLC (Chrysler) is recalling certain model year 2009-2010 Dodge Journey vehicles manufactured June 29, 2007, to June 17, 2010, and 2008-2010 Dodge Grand Caravan and Chrysler Town and Country vehicles manufactured January 26, 2007, to June 17, 2010. Road conditions or some other jarring event may cause the ignition switch to move out of the run position, turning off the engine.
- Remedy: Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will modify the ignition switch, free of charge. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is L25. Note: This is an expansion of recall 11V-139.
- Notes: Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
ELECTRICAL SYSTEM:IGNITIONRecall Date: 03/01/2011
- Consequence: ENGINE SHUT OFF WHILE DRIVING COULD INCREASE THE RISK OF A CRASH.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 11V139000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 248,437
- Summary: CHRYSLER IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2010 DODGE JOURNEY, GRAND CARAVAN, AND CHRYSLER TOWN & COUNTRY VEHICLES MANUFACTURER FROM AUGUST 3, 2009, THROUGH JUNE 17, 2010. SOME VEHICLES MAY EXPERIENCE INADVERTENT IGNITION KEY DISPLACEMENT FROM THE RUN TO ACCESSORY POSITION WHILE DRIVING CAUSING THE ENGINE TO SHUT OFF.
- Remedy: DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE WIN MODULES FREE OF CHARGE. THE SAFETY RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING APRIL 2011. OWNERS MAY CONTACT CHRYSLER AT 1-800-853-1403.
- Notes: CHRYSLER SAFETY RECALL NO. L02. OWNERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV .
STEERING:ELECTRIC POWER ASSIST SYSTEMRecall Date: 10/07/2010
- Consequence: LEAKED POWER STEERING FLUID ONTO HOT ENGINE COMPONENTS COULD CAUSE A FIRE.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 10V475000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 26397
- Summary: CHRYSLER IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2010 CHRYSLER SEBRING, 300, CHARGER (LX) AND DODGE CHALLENGER (LC), AVENGER (JS), AND JOURNEY (JC), AS WELL AS MODEL YEAR 2011 DODGE RAM LIGHT DUTY PICKUP (DS) VEHICLES. SOME OF THESE VEHICLES MAY EXPERIENCE A SEPARATION AT THE CRIMPED END OF THE POWER STEERING PRESSURE HOSE ASSEMBLY.
- Remedy: DEALERS WILL INSPECT AND REPLACE AS NECESSARY THE POWER STEERING PRESSURE HOSES FREE OF CHARGE. THE SAFETY RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING OCTOBER 2010. OWNERS MAY CONTACT CHRYSLER AT 1-800-853-1403.
- Notes: CHRYSLER'S CAMPAIGN NUMBER IS K26. OWNERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV .
Our reliability score is based on the J.D. Power and Associates Vehicle Dependability Study (VDS) rating or, if unavailable, the J.D. Power Predicted Reliability rating.
- Among The Best
- Better Than Most
- About Average
- The Rest
Note that warranty coverage that came with the vehicle when it was new may not transfer to subsequent owners. Check with the manufacturer to see if a warranty may still apply.
Next Steps: 2010 Dodge Journey