Dodge Journey Interior
Test drivers are pleased with the 2015 Dodge Journey’s pleasant cabin layout and high-quality materials. While reviewers say the first two rows offer adequate comfort for adults, they agree that the third row can only comfortably accommodate children. Test drivers praise the Journey’s available infotainment system, which they say is exceptionally easy to use. The cargo hold is a good size for the class, and automotive journalists appreciate the Journey’s available interior storage solutions.
- "Though Dodge seldom has enjoyed a reputation for high-quality interiors, the 2015 Journey does boast pleasing materials and textures throughout the cabin and solid-looking assembly. The gauges and dashboard have a functional and contemporary design that wouldn't be out of place in any number of higher-priced vehicles." -- Edmunds
- "In place of the old Rubbermaid interior is a thoroughly improved cabin highlighted by a rich-looking soft-touch touch dashboard and Dodge's three-spoke corporate steering wheel." -- Left Lane News
- "The materials are upscale in look and feel, and the dashboard manages to look sleek and dressy without compromising the Journey's gauge legibility or ergonomics." -- AutoTrader
- "Journey's cabin is class competitive, with good fit and finish. Materials might seem a bit dull, but nothing feels cheap." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
The Dodge Journey seats five, or seven with an optional third-row seat. Cloth upholstery and reclining second-row seats are standard. Leather upholstery, a six-way power-adjustable driver’s seat, tilting and sliding second-row seats, reclining third-row seats and heated front seats are optional. Second-row built-in child booster seats are also available, and reviewers say they are a convenient option for families. A few test drivers also report that there is good forward visibility from the driver’s seat. However, some say that the front seats could be more supportive, and that the steering wheel may not be within easy reach of taller drivers. According to critics, the Journey’s second row is adult-friendly, but its third row best accommodates children.
- "Journey seats five occupants comfortably, while the third row is useful for carrying children and small adults on short....erm, journeys." -- Left Lane News
- "Passenger space for adults is commendable up front and good in the second row, but legroom is very tight in the third row, which is best left for kids or occasional use." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "As a people carrier, the Journey has a few things going for it. The available third row of seating is big enough for small children, and there's enough space for adults in the second row, too. There are also built-in booster seats available, which will save any parent lots of valuable child-loading time." -- Edmunds
- "The Journey's front seats offer mediocre support, but they do sit you up nice and high, affording an expansive view of the road ahead. The steering column telescopes on all models, although those with long legs might still find the wheel too far away." -- AutoTrader
The 2015 Dodge Journey comes with a 4.3-inch Uconnect touch-screen radio, a USB port, heated mirrors, push-button start and dual-zone air conditioning. Optional features include tri-zone automatic climate control, a Uconnect infotainment system with an 8.4-inch touch screen, Bluetooth, satellite radio, hands-free text messaging, navigation, a rear-seat entertainment system with a 9-inch screen, rear parking sensors, a rearview camera and remote start.
Test drivers praise the Dodge Journey’s available Uconnect infotainment system and its large, clear, touch-screen display. They agree that the Uconnect system is one of the most straightforward infotainment systems in the class. A few reviewers note that Uconnect operates similarly to a smartphone. Some also like that, in addition to touch-screen controls, there are also physical buttons for adjusting climate and audio settings.
- "There's almost universal acclaim for Dodge's available UConnect 8.4-inch touchscreen infotainment interface. You won't find a system that's more straightforward to use or more pleasing to the eye, with large, readable typefaces and icons and sensible menus." -- Edmunds
- "But the big technology news in the Journey is the 8.4-in touchscreen (optional on the SXT model and standard on the Limited and R/T models), which brings iPad-like crispness and ease of use into your driving experience. It's one of the best infotainment interfaces on the market, and it even includes an SD-card interface to give you more options in portable media. We highly recommend it." -- AutoTrader
- "Generally regarded as one of the more user-friendly infotainment setups on the market, Uconnect Access integrates most of the crossover's audio, navigation and climate control functions into one unit. An 8.4-inch touchscreen mounted on the dashboard is the central component of the system, but redundant buttons and knobs for climate and audio volume and tuning are also included." -- Left Lane News
- "One of the best features of the Journey is its available Uconnect infotainment system. In addition to a large and easy-to-use 8.4-inch touch screen centered in the dash, there are supplementary buttons for climate and audio that are simple to see and use." -- Kelley Blue Book
The 2015 Dodge Journey has 67.6 cubic feet of cargo space behind the first row. That’s a good amount of overall cargo space for the class. Five-seat models have 39.6 cubic feet of space behind the second row, while seven-seat models have 37 and 10.7 cubic feet of space behind the second and third rows, respectively. Test drivers appreciate the Dodge Journey’s convenient storage features, including an under-floor storage compartment behind the first row and a storage space under the front passenger seat cushion. A few reviewers also like the fold-flat front passenger seat, which helps accommodate longer items.
- "The Dodge Journey has special ways of holding and swallowing cargo. Yes, the rear seats flip and fold flat as in other SUVs, but unique to this crossover SUV is its available fold-flat front-passenger seat that accommodates larger items." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Cargo capacity behind the third row is just 10.7 cu ft., i.e., a few grocery bags' worth, but there are 39.6 cu ft. behind the second row and 67.6 cu ft. behind the first row. Those are competitive numbers for this type of vehicle." -- AutoTrader
- "There are useful storage areas, too. You can store snacks and cold drinks in bins built into the floor of the second-row seating area, and a compartment under the front passenger seat is handy for stashing valuables." -- Edmunds (2014)
Next Steps: Dodge Journey
- View the best prices for the 2015 Dodge Journey
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Dodge Journey
- Search used Dodge Journey for sale (7,856 listings)
- See Affordable Midsize SUVs rankings