2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Interior
This interior review was written when the 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 was new.
For the most part, reviewers like the interior of the 2009 Dodge Ram. Several reviewers say it has the nicest interior of any Chrysler product. High-tech cabin features, comfortable seats and plenty of storage options help the Ram's interior get plenty of positive reviews.
- "Great attention to detail was evident throughout the cab of our SLT model. It was laid out more like the cabin of a premium car than a pickup truck, and with the optional leather interior package ($1,875), our tester was as fancy and comfortable as some luxury SUVs." -- Fort Worth Star-Telegram
- "Ram's attention to useful details worked. The testers were the best people-toting, daily-driving big crew cabs ever." -- USA TODAY
- "Step inside the Ram and you'll be greeted with the nicest interior of any Chrysler product." -- Automobile Magazine
Most reviewers report that the Ram has comfortable seating. While the backseat in the quad cab is a little cramped, most agree that upgrading to the crew cab gives enough rear seat space for adults.
- "The seats have nice bolsters to hold you in place when driving off-road and are cushy on the highway. The key to a good seat is not so much noticing it, but, rather, not noticing it, and in the new Ram I was quickly oblivious to my own comfort." -- Detroit News
- "Large, firmly padded seats offer impressive long-drive comfort and back support. Visibility is very good all around." -- Consumer Guide
- "The bucket seats were very comfortable in the R/T. Considering how poor the seats could be in the old Ram during long-distance drives, the new seats are almost as big a breakthrough as the improved ride from the rear suspension." -- PickupTrucks.com
- "Three kids of almost any size will fit in the back seat just fine; adults might find the knee and leg room to be tight when the front seats are pushed completely back on their tracks to accommodate a larger driver and front passenger, however." -- Fort Worth Star-Telegram
Several reviewers note that Chrysler interiors usually don't have much to offer, but the 2009 Dodge Ram is an exception. Reviewers are mostly pleased with the materials quality, and a few are downright effusive about the cabin tech, which can include Chrysler's MyGig infotainment system, Navigation, Satellite radio and Satellite TV or DVD players in the rear seats.
- "Upper and lower glove boxes. Under-floor bins. Under-seat nooks. Extra cup holders. Optional wireless Internet link. Remote "smart start" warms or cools according to the weather, rather than according to how you left the climate controls set when you shut it off last time." -- USA TODAY
- "Huge gauges are boldly marked and easy to read at a glance. Major controls are mostly convenient to access, though audio and climate switchgear positioned towards the passenger side of the center console requires a long stretch to reach." -- Consumer Guide
- "Helping the Ram stand out from those competitors are heated and cooled front seats (a first-in-class feature), heated rear seats, and a heated steering wheel--a must-have option for those cold winter mornings. Your construction crew will surely appreciate the available MyGig multimedia system, navigation, rear-seat DVD entertainment, Sirius Backseat TV (nothin' like a little SpongeBob to psych up a dude to hang some drywall!), and surround-sound audio." -- Automobile Magazine
- "The trip computer mounted in between the gauges in the instrument panel provided a lot of useful information, from average fuel economy to transmission and oil temperatures and range until empty. The R/T also had an optional 6.5-inch navigation display. While friendly and an improvement over the old nav system, it's too small. A GPS display should be at least 8 inches in a full-size pickup." -- PickupTrucks.com
- "Up-budget buyers can tick boxes for 10-speaker sound system, Sirius satellite radio, built-in Wi-Fi and a rear seat entertainment system. Among the tricks this pony can do: With the remote start feature, you can fire the truck up on a cold day and it will automatically turn on the heated seats and heated steering wheel. People have been elected governor of Minnesota for less." -- Los Angeles Times
Interior cargo space is where many reviewers say the 2009 Dodge Ram really shines. Reviewers consistently report upwards of 30 storage spaces on properly equipped Rams, and many saw all of the spaces are very useful.
- "There are lots of nooks and crannies (more than 40) to hold cell phones, gloves, tools, folders and just about anything else. There are even two floor storage bins (on the Quad Cab and Crew Cab models) that include removable containers for easy cleaning. " -- Detroit News
- "Storage spaces abound: under the rear seats; in the doors, the center console, and the dual glove boxes; and within the new drainable, lockable "RamBox" bins in the bed walls." -- Car and Driver
- "If you run out of room out back, you can store ten more twelve-ounce beverages in the in-floor compartments/coolers for rear-seat passengers. And if you need space for some snacks, the Ram's thirty-eight "storage locations" should do the trick nicely." -- Automobile Magazine