2008 Dodge Sprinter Review
With possible seating for ten, a massive cargo hold, and good performance for its size, the 2008 Dodge Sprinter has plenty of utility.
Since 2003, the Dodge Sprinter has continually offered buyers a flexible workhorse for hauling people and cargo, and the automotive press generally praises the 2008 model's usefulness for a variety of uses for either small businesses or large families. The Kansas City Star says, "Fill this big box with people and things, and it functions so well that its commercial-van styling grows on you."
Reviewers also say the Sprinter also drives different than it looks. The Auto Channel says, "Although the Sprinter is big and bulky, it drives like a smaller vehicle." The Fort Worth Star-Telegram adds that the Sprinter is "easy to drive, has a comfortable ride, and while it's no speed demon, it has plenty of power with either choice -- gasoline or diesel."
The 2008 Dodge Sprinter is available in three configurations, as a Passenger Van, a Cargo Can or a Chassis Cab. The Cargo Van comes in both 2500 and 3500 models. (The Passenger Van is only available as a 2500 and the Cab Chassis only as a 3500.) The Sprinter also comes in a variety of trims. If you're shopping for a passenger van, also consider the GMC Savana or its platform-mate, the Chevy Express.
- "The flower delivery guys are a happier bunch: Dodge has an all-new super-sized Sprinter van." -- Car and Driver
- "Falling outside of the traditional full-size van milieu, the Sprinter offers more room and, with the 10-passenger version, totes more people in comfort than any stretched conventional van. In addition, the Sprinter is offered in cargo and cab/chassis version, the latter ideal for converters." -- Motor Trend
- "There is an alternative to one of those utilitarian vans: a more-comfortable and, perhaps, even somewhat stylish vehicle that can hold Mom and Dad, all the kids, and enough luggage to accommodate the family on a cross-country vacation. It's the Dodge Sprinter, which is more small bus than van." -- Fort Worth Star-Telegram
- "Form follows function, and even though the commercial Dodge Sprinter is a big box, it functions so well that many will see it with rapturous eyes." -- Kansas City Star
- "Those looking for maximum interior space, excellent driving manners and respectable fuel economy from a turbodiesel engine, it's hard to beat the Sprinter." -- The Auto Channel