Dodge Viper Review
The 2015 Dodge Viper ranks 16 out of 16 Luxury Sports Cars. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Dodge Viper, as well as reliability and safety data.
The 2015 Dodge Viper offers extraordinary acceleration and incredibly athletic handling, but its harsh ride makes it tough to live with on a day-to-day basis, according to critics.
The 2015 Viper comes with a V10 engine that reviewers agree delivers ferocious acceleration and instant throttle response. The only available transmission is a six-speed manual, and test drivers say it's fun to use, though they note that shifting gears requires more effort than they expected. According to the EPA, the 2015 Dodge Viper gets 12/21 mpg city/highway, which is low for the class. Auto writers agree that the Dodge Viper has incredibly sharp handling, but they say its outrageous power can make it challenging to drive quickly, even for experienced drivers, and they note that it has an extremely uncomfortable ride. They add that the Viper's steering system is responsive, but they think that its brakes could be quicker to react.
According to reviewers, the 2015 Dodge Viper has nicer interior materials and more appealing styling than it did before its last redesign. However, they note that it still has relatively few comfort-oriented features, and several say that its cabin feels cramped, with poor outward visibility and seats that are uncomfortable on longer trips. Test drivers do like that the Viper has a large trunk and a user-friendly touch-screen infotainment system. Standard features include automatic climate control, a rearview camera, push-button start and Dodge's Uconnect infotainment system, which features an 8.4-inch touch screen, voice command recognition, navigation, a Harman Kardon audio system, Bluetooth, satellite radio and a USB port.
- "While it gains a more refined interior and a number of technology and safety features in order to appeal to a larger audience, the latest Viper still possesses the arresting styling, supercar performance and wild character of the original." -- Left Lane News
- "In the end, the 2014 SRT Viper is still very much an old-school supercar that requires a high level of heroism to get the most out of it. If that sounds appealing to you, there's nothing better." -- Edmunds (2014)
- "On public roads, the Viper's raucous nature and lack of creature comforts make it one of the least refined supercars on the market, but in a way, that's part of the appeal." -- Kelley Blue Book (2014)
- "At a time when the automotive industry is focused on saving fuel and digitizing the driving experience, the Viper stands in rebellious contrast. It's about muscle and style. It's rough-hewn and proud to be so. The Viper isn't for everyone, and that's exactly what makes it so appealing." -- Popular Mechanics (2013)
Dodge Viper Pictures & Videos
Other Cars to Consider
The Chevrolet Corvette costs significantly less than the Viper, and reviewers agree that it has blistering acceleration and incredibly agile handling. They also note that the Corvette is very comfortable to drive over long distances and offers a composed ride and supportive seats.
Auto writers say the Porsche 911 has extraordinarily sharp handling that makes it very exciting to drive. They also say it has a smooth ride and a comfortable interior that help make it an excellent commuting companion. Unlike the Viper, the 911 is available with an automatic transmission if you don't want to shift for yourself.
Details: 2015 Dodge Viper
The 2015 Dodge Viper is a two-seat coupe that comes in SRT, GT, GTC and GTS trims. If you choose the new, customizable GTC trim, you can choose from 8,000 exterior colors, as well as from other exterior and interior styling upgrades. An 8.4-liter V10 engine, a six-speed manual transmission and rear-wheel drive are standard. The Viper has seen few major changes since its last full redesign in the 2013 model year. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2013, 2014 and 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Dodge Viper
- View the best prices for the 2015 Dodge Viper
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Dodge Viper
- Search used Dodge Viper for sale (227 listings)
- See Luxury Sports Cars rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals