Fiat 500 Recalls & Reliability
Review Last Updated: 4/25/13
There has been 1 safety recall issued from NHTSA.
SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC:FLUIDRecall Date: 11/10/2011
- Consequence: THIS COULD LEAD TO LOSS OF BRAKING ABILITY INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 11V550000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 340
- Summary: CHRYSLER IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2012 DODGE JOURNEY AND FIAT 500 VEHICLES MANUFACTURED FROM OCTOBER 24, 2011, THROUGH OCTOBER 26, 2011. SOME VEHICLES WERE ASSEMBLED WITH CONTAMINATED BRAKE FLUID AND MAY EXPERIENCE A DEGRADATION OF THE SEALING COMPONENTS WITHIN THE BRAKE SYSTEM.
- Remedy: CHRYSLER WILL NOTIFY OWNERS AND REPLACE ALL BRAKE COMPONENTS THAT COME IN CONTACT WITH HYDRAULIC BRAKE FLUID. THIS SERVICE WILL BE PERFORMED FREE OF CHARGE. THE SAFETY RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING DECEMBER 2011. OWNERS MAY CONTACT CHRYSLER AT 1-800-853-1403.
- Notes: OWNERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV .
There is no reliability data available for this vehicle.
The 2012 Fiat 500 comes with a four-year/50,000-mile bumper-to-bumper warranty and four years of unlimited road assistance. The 500 is also covered by a three-year/36,000-mile free maintenance program. The FIAT’s warranty, however, is not as comprehensive as the Mini Hardtop’s, which matches the 500’s coverage and adds a 12-year/unlimited-mileage warranty for rust damage.