FIAT 500L Interior
While automotive journalists note that the quality of the 2015 Fiat 500L's interior materials is unimpressive, they appreciate its large windows and optional sunroof, which they say give the car an open feel and excellent visibility. They note that the front seats offer a high seating position but lack adequate support, and they say the rear seat and cargo area are spacious. The 500L's Uconnect infotainment system is refreshingly easy to use, according to critics.
- "The padded upper dash is particularly nice in this class, but the stalks, buttons and levers have a hollow feel that does not impart a sense of quality." -- Edmunds
- "Interior materials are mostly good, save for a few cheap-feeling plastics here and there." -- Jalopnik (2014)
- "We aren't completely sold on the interior materials, which seem a little more Spartan than we'd like." -- AutoWeek (2014)
- "The first thing that hits you is just how much space there is in the 500L and how much light pours in through all of the glass." -- Automobile Magazine (2014)
- "Despite a tidy 167.3-inch overall length (27.7 inches longer than the 500), this Fiat feels positively massive inside thanks to an abundance of tall windows and the availability of a twin-element panoramic moonroof, the latter of which makes the whole thing feel like you're camped out in a greenhouse." -- Autoblog (2014)
FIAT 500L Pictures
The 2015 Fiat 500L seats five and comes standard with cloth upholstery. Available features include leather upholstery, heated front seats and power-adjustable lumbar support for the front seats. Test drivers say that the front seats offer a high seating position but aren't very supportive. The 500L has large windows and roof pillars that incorporate a glass panel, and auto writers report that they provide superb outward visibility. According to critics, the 500L's rear seat has ample head- and legroom.
- "Where the 500 has just two tiny seats in back and a small cargo bay in the hatch area, the 500L has a 3-person rear bench that can comfortably fit two adults. Rear legroom is impressive, and the rear seats also recline, slide, flip and tumble forward for cargo/passenger versatility. Headroom in all seats is sky-high. Outward visibility is good thanks to design elements such as a front pillar split by glass and wraparound rear windows." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The front seats are wide and comfortable, but not especially supportive if you like to drive quickly around corners. They also lack any sort of power adjustment other than the available power lumbar. Once you're seated, you'll be struck by the expansive field of vision that comes from the wagon's large glass area." -- Edmunds
- "The 500L feels big inside. There is enough headroom for at least a point guard in the NBA, if not a small forward. Three average-size humans can easily sit in the back row." -- AutoWeek (2014)
- "The awkwardly high driving position we've complained about in the hatch seems appropriate in this application, though the flat and unsupportive seats are still an issue." -- Motor Trend (2014)
Standard features in the 2015 Fiat 500L include Bluetooth, a USB port, an auxiliary audio input, a six-speaker audio system and Fiat's Uconnect infotainment system with a 5-inch touch screen. Available features include a rearview camera, rear parking sensors, a sunroof, dual-zone automatic climate control, satellite radio, a six-speaker Beats audio system and an upgraded Uconnect infotainment system with navigation and a 6.5-inch touch screen.
Fiat's Uconnect system controls most of the 500L's audio and optional navigation features, and reviewers agree that it is user-friendly and easy to pair your phone to the system. Test drivers report that the rest of the 500L's interior controls, including the large climate control knobs, are simple to find and use.
- "Uconnect bundles audio, hands-free phone connectivity, navigation, and more into one easy-to-use touch-screen system." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "As much as I gripe about infotainment systems in cars, this is probably one of the better ones I've sampled. The menus are fairly intuitive, they don't lag, and the inclusion of actual, physical buttons below the screen make it easy to navigate." -- Jalopnik (2014)
- "It's easy to sync it with a phone for music and calls, and navigation proved straightforward." -- USA Today (2014)
- "There is a standard five-inch touchscreen (6.5 inches on upscale models) and three large rotary knobs for climate control. Everything is laid out well, easy to use, and fonts are large and clear." -- Automobile Magazine (2014)
The 2015 Fiat 500L offers 21.3 cubic feet of cargo space behind its rear seats, which is small for a wagon. However, the 500L has 68 cubic feet with the rear seats folded, which is decent for a wagon and excellent compared with the overall cargo space in most rival hatchbacks. Most test drivers think the 500L has ample cargo space and plenty of storage compartments throughout the cabin.
- "The 500L's interior offers room for five adults and loads of storage bins hidden throughout the car." -- Left Lane News
- "The 500L boasts best-in-class overall interior space, as well as best-in-class cargo space, rivaling small minivans and mid-size SUVs in the category." -- Boston Globe (2014)
- "With the seats erect, cargo capacity is rated at generous 21.3 cubic feet." -- Autoblog (2014)
Next Steps: FIAT 500L
- View the best prices for the 2015 FIAT 500L
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 FIAT 500L
- Search used FIAT 500L for sale (209 listings)
- See Wagons rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals