FIAT 500L Recalls & Reliability
There have been 2 safety recalls issued from NHTSA.
AIR BAGS:KNEE BOLSTERRecall Date: 08/05/2014
- Summary: Chrysler Group LLC (Chrysler) is recalling certain model year 2014-2015 Fiat 500L vehicles manufactured March 3, 2012, to July 25, 2014. Irregularities in the folding process during assembly of the driver's knee airbag may result in its improper deployment. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 208, "Occupant Crash Protection."
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 25483
- Consequence: If the knee airbag air bag does not deploy properly during a crash, there is an increased risk of driver injury.
- Remedy: Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will replace the driver's knee air bag, free of charge. The recall began on September 26, 2014. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is P42.
- Dates of Manufacture MAR 02, 2012 to JUL 24, 2014
- Manufacturer Recall Number: P42
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 14V481000
POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSIONRecall Date: 03/03/2014
- Summary: Chrysler Group LLC (Chrysler) is recalling certain model year 2014 Fiat 500L vehicles manufactured April 5, 2013, through January 22, 2014. In certain temperatures, moving the transmission shift lever may have a delayed effect or no effect on selecting a transmission gear.
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 18092
- Consequence: If there is no effect, the vehicle might not shift out of the Park position. If there is a delayed effect, the vehicle may move in an unintended or unexpected direction, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Remedy: Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will replace the shifter module or update the shifter software, as necessary, free of charge. The recall began on March 31, 2014. Owners may contact Chrysler at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number associated with this recall is P06.
- Dates of Manufacture APR 04, 2013 to JAN 21, 2014
- Manufacturer Recall Number: P06
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 14V103000
There is no reliability data available for this vehicle.
The 2014 Fiat 500L comes with four-year/50,000-mile basic and powertrain warranties.