2009 Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano
- Used Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano
2009 Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano Review
New For 2009
Styled by Pininfarina, the 2009 Ferrari 599 Fiorano is a high-performance, exotic two-passenger gran turismo. Its name is a combination of its engineering and styling heritage. While the 599 stands for its engine's displacement of 5,999 cc, GTB is short for "Gran Turismo Berlinetta" or "grand touring hardtop" in Italian. According to Cars.com, "The Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano borrows its name from the [Fiorano] test track where Ferrari tests both its road cars and Formula 1 racers, and it's designed to bring F1 to the streets."
If you're in the market for a high-powered exotic grand tourer, be sure to test drive the Aston Martin DB9. It's not as powerful or fast, but features 2+2 seating, killer styling and is significantly less expensive than the 599. Upping the ante is the DBS, which still falls nearly 100 horsepower short of the 599. Both the DB9 and DBS are available as a coupe or convertible.
What The Auto Press Says
Though few reviewers have test driven the 599 GTB, those that have are impressed with its insane level of speed and agility, as well as its drop-dead gorgeous looks.
Here is what the press said about the 2009 Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano:
- "With its free-revving V12 and racecar-like cornering capabilities, the 2009 Ferrari 599 GTB can match the world's best exotics for performance. Yet it also boasts a luxurious cabin and a reasonably supple ride." -- Edmunds
- "The Ferrari sweeps through broader emotional extremes - soft and sweet now, hard and fast when provoked - revealing the wild Italian temptress within. The amazing thing is how the 599GTB is able to embrace every situation with an astute blend of confidence and competence." - Automobile Magazine
- "At that price we hesitate to call it a value-added package, but it certainly is an inspiring ride..." -- Road and Track
The 599 GTB Fiorano features a 6.0-liter V12 engine that produces 612 horsepower at 7,600 rpm and 448 pound-feet of torque at 5,600 rpm. A six-gear F1 Superfast manual transmission with steering-mounted paddle shifters is standard. According to Ferrari, the 599 GTB Fiorano has a top speed of more than 205 mph and can accelerate from 0 to 62 mph in just 3.7 seconds. What's more, the 599 has a front/rear weight distribution of 47/53 and comes equipped with Stability and F1-Trac Traction control.
Next Steps: Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano
To get local pricing, enter your zip code: Get Best Price Cancel
- Search used Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano for sale (19 listings)
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See Exotic Sports Cars rankings