2010 Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano
- Used Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano
2010 Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano Performance
Test drivers praise the 2010 Fiorano’s mammoth powertrain and superb handling abilities. In addition to 612 horsepower, it reportedly blasts from 0 to 60 mph in just 3.3 seconds. New for 2010 is a $30,095 HGTE (Handling Gran Turismo Evoluzione) package -- which, among other things, enhances the Fiorano’s handling abilities with a retuned suspension, lower stance, beefier anti-roll bar and better tires.
Acceleration and Power
The 599 GTB Fiorano’s mighty 6.0-liter V12 engine leaves test drivers floored. It produces 612 horsepower at 7,600 rpm and 448 pound-feet of torque at 5,600 rpm. A six-gear F1 Superfast manual transmission with steering-mounted paddle shifters is standard. According to Ferrari, the Fiorano has a top speed of more than 205 mph and can accelerate from 0 to 62 mph in just 3.7 seconds. Edmunds reports that it blasts from 0 to 60 mph in a mind-numbing 3.3 seconds.
The EPA reports that the 2010 Fiorano nets a city/highway fuel economy of 11/15 mpg.
- "In addition to predictably brutal acceleration -- that's what 612 hp will do for you -- the 599 GTB provides a soundtrack to savor. The unmistakable shriek of the V12 under hard acceleration changes to a guttural hum at part throttle and nearly disappears at high cruising speeds, where wind noise is practically the only indication of pace. The F1 gearbox provides instantaneous gearchanges that no human could hope to match, but its single-clutch design prevents it from being as smooth as the newer dual-clutch units." -- Edmunds
- "There is nothing melancholy about an unleashed 599, even at tamer velocities, but it's when the torque is liberated in excess of 4,000 rpm that it truly shines." -- AskMen.com
- "[T]he HGTE package, available on 2010 599s in the U.S., will not make the car any quicker in a straight line. The best times we have seen in a 599 are downright scary, as quick as a Ferrari Enzo. Sixty mph comes in 3.3 seconds, and the quarter-mile is traversed in 11.2 seconds at an astonishing 131 mph-fast enough to require a roll cage for runs down the local drag strip." -- Car and Driver
Handling and Braking
Test drivers are impressed with the Fiorano’s supercar handling abilities. They especially like the new HGTE package -- which features a retuned suspension, wider front wheels and lowers the car by 0.4 inches.
- "Brakes? They haul you down from speed with ease and remarkable precision. Power? There's plenty of it all the way to the 8400-rpm redline.… Steering? It's a hair on the overboosted side, but it loads up nicely and communicates the tires' distress level well. A 599 with the HGTE package is as neutral as the standard car, if not more so, thanks to the lower center of gravity and slightly wider contact patch in the front." -- Car and Driver
- "Dynamically adjustable MagneRide suspension enables the 599 to offer a smooth ride for cruising, while still taking corners like a track-oriented supercar." -- Left Lane News
- "In tight corners, the 599 GTB remains so flat and composed that the usual indicators of fast-approaching limits, such as body roll and tire squeal, are absent. It's hard to imagine improvement here, but the HGTE package does sharpen the 599's character a touch." -- Edmunds
Next Steps: Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano
To get local pricing, enter your zip code: Get Best Price Cancel
- Search used Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano for sale (19 listings)
- Find low financing rates for the Ferrari 599-GTB-Fiorano
- See Exotic Sports Cars rankings