2015 Ford C-Max Energi
- 2014 Ford C-Max Energi
Ford C-Max Energi Review
The 2015 Ford C-Max Energi ranks 9 out of 9 Wagons. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Ford C-Max Energi, as well as reliability and safety data.
Though it has a tiny cargo hold, critics like the 2015 Ford C-Max Energi’s agile handling and roomy back seat.
The plug-in hybrid Ford C-Max Energi has a four-cylinder engine and an electric motor, and most test drivers write that the C-Max Energi has plenty of highway passing power. However, a few report that the C-Max Energi could use more highway passing power in EV mode. The 2015 C-Max Energi gets 40/36 mpg city/highway or 88 mpg-equivalent when running on electric power alone, which is less than the mpg-e estimates of most plug-in competitors. However, auto writers report that the C-Max Energi has a composed ride and responsive handling for a hybrid, along with strong brakes and sharp steering.
The 2015 Ford C-Max Energi has an upscale cabin, according to critics, with high-end materials and modern styling. Automotive journalists say the C-Max Energi has a spacious cabin with great all-around visibility, plenty of headroom and a spacious rear seat. However, the C-Max Energi has an extremely small cargo area compared to rival wagons. Standard features in the 2015 Ford C-Max Energi include leather upholstery, heated front seats, a power-adjustable driver seat, push-button start, dual-zone automatic climate control, Bluetooth, a USB port, satellite radio, rear parking sensors, the MyFord Touch touch-screen infotainment system and Ford’s voice-activated SYNC system. Available features include navigation, a nine-speaker Sony audio system, a fixed glass panoramic roof, a rearview camera, parallel parking assist and a hands-free power liftgate. Reviewers agree that the MyFord Touch infotainment system is very complicated to use, and some report that it can be slow to respond to inputs.
- "The 2015 Ford C-Max Energi plug-in hybrid provides a desirable mix of fuel economy, electric-only range, utility and refinement. Depending on your priorities, though, competitors might work out better." -- Edmunds
- "When it comes to bragging rights, the Toyota Prius has long dominated the fuel-efficiency argument. However, the 2014 Ford C-Max is looking to change the debate by offering a hybrid with features that go beyond good mpg, namely style, comfort and a fun-to-drive attitude." -- Kelley Blue Book (2014)
- "The C-Max Energi feels like a real, normal car, yet still manages a decent amount of EV-only driving and respectable fuel economy. However, the standard C-Max Hybrid provides almost all those benefits (I averaged 31 mpg when we tested one in December), and I think it's a better buy than the more expensive Energi." -- Automobile Magazine (2013)
Other Wagons to Consider
The Toyota Prius v has a lower starting price and offers exceptional fuel economy for a hybrid wagon. The Prius V also has more cargo space than the C-Max Energi, and reviewers love its spacious front and rear seats.
The Chevrolet Volt can travel much farther on electricity alone, and test drivers write that it has plenty of highway passing power. They also appreciate the Volt’s nimble handling and stylish interior.
Details: 2015 Ford C-Max Energi
The 2015 Ford C-Max Energi is a five-seat plug-in hybrid that comes in one trim. It has a 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine, an electric motor, a continuously variable transmission (CVT) and front-wheel drive. The C-Max Hybrid is reviewed separately. The C-Max Energi hasn’t changed much since its debut in 2013, so this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2013, 2014 and 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Ford C-Max Energi
- View the best prices for the 2015 Ford C-Max Energi
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Ford C-Max Energi
- See Wagons rankings