Ford C-Max Energi Interior
Automotive journalists say an appealing design and top-notch materials give the interior of the 2015 Ford C-Max Energi a premium feel compared to its rivals. They add that the C-Max Energi offers plenty of headroom, generous rear-seat space and excellent all-around visibility. However, it has a small cargo area, and critics say its standard touch-screen infotainment system is very difficult to use.
- "Design-wise, the Energi is much like its Focus platform mate inside, with high-quality materials and a modern-looking dashboard." -- Left Lane News
- "The C-Max's Energi's cabin will feel familiar if you've driven a Focus or Escape, which is a very good thing since these cars all incorporate top-notch materials, solid construction and eye-catching design." -- Edmunds
- "The 5-passenger cabin is filled with attractive, soft-touch surfaces that combine to produce a remarkably upscale feel, particularly for this class of vehicle." -- Kelley Blue Book (2014)
Ford C-Max Energi Pictures
The 2015 Ford C-Max Energi seats five and comes standard with leather upholstery, heated front seats and a power-adjustable driver’s seat. Reviewers write that the driver’s seat is mounted high and provides a great view of the road, and that the front seats have ample headroom and great all-around visibility. The C-Max Energi’s spacious rear seat also receives praise from critics.
- "The supportive, high-mounted driver seat gives you a slightly more commanding view of the road than you'll get in most wagons and hatchbacks." -- Edmunds
- "A tall roof and wide side glass provide excellent 360-degree visibility, while the elevated seats provide an SUV-like driving position." -- Kelley Blue Book (2014)
- "Thanks to the tall roof and upright seating positions, four six-footers will fit in the C-Max without banging their heads or knees." -- Car and Driver (2013)
- "Front and rear passenger space is excellent all around and the big side windows offer terrific outward visibility." -- Left Lane News (2013)
The 2015 Ford C-Max Energi comes standard with push-button start, a three-prong power outlet, dual-zone automatic climate control, a six-speaker audio system, Bluetooth, a USB port, an auxiliary audio input, satellite radio, rear parking sensors, the MyFord Touch infotainment system and Ford’s voice-activated SYNC system. Ford’s MyKey, which allows parents to set audio volume and speed limits for young drivers, is also standard. Available features include a fixed glass panoramic roof, navigation, a nine-speaker Sony audio system, front parking sensors, a rearview camera, parallel parking assist and a hands-free power liftgate that opens when you wave your foot under the bumper.
Reviewers agree that the MyFord Touch infotainment system is very difficult to operate and can be slow to respond to inputs. However, some note that SYNC makes it easy to control your smartphone with voice commands.
- "The MyFord Touch interface remains an imperfect and generally counterintuitive means of controlling the car's many functions." -- Edmunds
- "On the negative side, MyFord Touch continues to be a bear to use and taints any experience with a Ford vehicle." -- Automobile Magazine (2013)
- "Improvements have made MyFord Touch more reliable and easier to use, but it still features a hefty learning curve for both its touchscreen and its voice commands and it occasionally lags behind user inputs." -- Left Lane News (2013)
- "By itself, Sync does an excellent job of connecting personal electronics to the car, and making them safe to use while driving." -- CNET (2013)
Because of its larger battery pack, the 2015 Ford C-Max Energi has a smaller cargo area than the C-Max Hybrid, with 19.2 cubic feet of cargo space behind the back seat and 42.8 cubic feet of cargo space with the rear row folded. The C-Max Energi also has less cargo space than most wagons, but it has decent cargo space compared with other plug-in hybrids. When the second-row seats are folded, critics complain that the C-Max Energi’s battery pack creates a large drop-off from the cargo area to the seatbacks.
- "On the downside, it isn't quite as big inside as its crossover-like look would suggest - the big battery intrudes into the cargo area, cutting stowage space behind the rear seats from 24.5 cubic feet in the standard C-MAX to 19.2 in the Energi." -- Left Lane News
- "Lowering the seats opens up 42.8 cubic feet, which is more than 20 cubic feet shy of a Prius V or a typical small crossover SUV. Worse, the load floor isn't flat when the seats are folded, as the battery pack creates a high shelf behind the rear seats that sits about a foot higher than the load floor." -- Edmunds
- "Cargo space, however, is an issue, thanks to the enormous battery pack housing that resides on the trunk floor." -- AutoTrader (2014)
- "The biggest difference between this Energi and a standard Ford C-Max Hybrid is the laughably tiny cargo area." -- Automobile Magazine (2013)
Next Steps: Ford C-Max Energi
- View the best prices for the 2015 Ford C-Max Energi
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Ford C-Max Energi
- See Wagons rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals