Ford C-Max Hybrid Review
The 2015 Ford C-Max Hybrid ranks 6 out of 10 Wagons. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Ford C-Max Hybrid, as well as reliability and safety data.
The 2015 Ford C-Max Hybrid has agile handling and plenty of passenger space, according to critics, but its appeal is diminished by a frustrating infotainment system and small cargo area.
Test drivers think the C-Max Hybrid’s four-cylinder engine and electric motor provide lively acceleration for a hybrid and plenty of passing power on the highway. The 2015 Ford C-Max Hybrid gets an EPA-estimated 42/37 mpg city/highway, which is great for a wagon, but a bit low for a hybrid. Reviewers write that the Ford C-Max Hybrid responsive steering, and many say that the C-Max outperforms many hybrids with a comfortable ride and nimble handling.
According to auto writers, the 2015 Ford C-Max Hybrid’s cabin has an upscale feel, with top-notch materials, solid build quality and a sharp design. They say the driver’s seat offers ample headroom and a great view of the road, while the rear seats have plenty of head- and legroom. However, the C-Max Hybrid has less cargo capacity than most other wagons. Standard features include a USB port, Bluetooth, dual-zone automatic climate control and Ford’s hands-free SYNC system. Available features include leather upholstery, heated front seats, a power-adjustable driver’s seat, a fixed glass panoramic roof, push-button start, a nine-speaker Sony audio system, navigation, satellite radio, rear parking sensors, a rearview camera, parallel park assist and Ford’s MyFord Touch infotainment system. Test drivers appreciate the C-Max Hybrid’s long list of tech features, though they complain that MyFord Touch can be difficult to use.
- "The 2015 Ford C-Max Hybrid is an interesting alternative to compact crossovers, wagons and hybrids. Its high fuel economy and refined driving manners make it especially appealing." -- Edmunds
- "If you're seeking good fuel economy in a green car that doesn't look boring or overly futuristic, the 2015 Ford C-Max Hybrid deserves a good look. Handsome styling, a detailed interior and great driving dynamics leave little downside to this purchase." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Ford's C-MAX tall wagon/crossover provides a well-appointed interior, useful technology features and an engaging, European-flavored driving experience that stands out from the hybrid norm." -- Left Lane News
- "Where the C-Max Hybrid has its most obvious advantage, besides a somewhat lower sticker price, is that it excels as an example of discerning design. It's a very pleasant car to sit in, to drive, or just to lean on." -- Automobile Magazine (2013)
Ford C-Max Hybrid Pictures & Videos
Other Wagons to Consider
The Toyota Prius v gets better fuel economy than the C-Max Hybrid, and it has a much larger cargo area. Critics appreciate the Prius v’s spacious rear seats, which slide and recline.
The diesel-powered Volkswagen Golf TDI gets better highway fuel economy than the C-Max Hybrid, and it has a lower base price. Most critics praise the Golf for its nimble handling, comfortable front seats and high-end cabin materials.
Details: 2015 Ford C-Max Hybrid
The 2015 Ford C-Max Hybrid seats five and comes in SE and SEL trims. It has a 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine, an electric motor, a continuously variable transmission (CVT) and front-wheel drive. The C-Max Energi plug-in hybrid is reviewed separately. The C-Max Hybrid hasn’t changed much since its debut in 2013, so this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2013, 2014 and 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Ford C-Max Hybrid
- View the best prices for the 2015 Ford C-Max Hybrid
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Ford C-Max Hybrid
- Search used Ford C-Max Hybrid for sale (None listings)
- See Wagons rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals