Ford Escape Interior
The 2015 Ford Escape earns reviewer praise for its handsome cabin design and first-rate materials. Several add that the cabin is quiet at speed, and most say the front and rear seats are spacious and comfortable. Reviewers like the convenience of the available hands-free power liftgate and the sound quality from the optional Sony stereo system. However, the available MyFord Touch infotainment system earns mixed reviews for its ease of use.
- "Materials and overall fit and finish are excellent." -- Edmunds
- "The inside of the Ford Escape boasts an impressive display of materials, design and available features. The dash can feel a bit busy, especially when loaded up with options like MyFord Touch. If you're not into lots of high tech, you might just want to avoid the top-end models." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Parts sharing aside, the cabin enjoys soft-touch materials on most main surfaces, while a raft of NVH measures including sound deadening interior panels, enhanced window seals and foam baffles in the window pillars help to cut down on intrusive road noise." -- Left Lane News
- "Escape's interior is handsomely finished with good assembly quality. Plastics are a combination of soft-touch and hard surfaces with attractive finishes. Escape's faux-metal accents look good too. Titanium's interior is especially nice with its specific trim and the available full-leather seating surfaces." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
Ford Escape Pictures
The Ford Escape seats five and is available with power-adjustable front seats, leather upholstery and heated front seats. Reviewers agree it’s easy to find a comfortable driving position, and some say the front seats are supportive. However, others think they're a bit too narrow for optimal comfort. Most auto journalists note that the back seats have ample legroom and headroom.
- "There's a competitive amount of room inside the Escape, even in the reclining rear seat, which has plenty of head- and legroom. The wide front seats are generously padded, with ample adjustment and good seatback bolstering." -- Edmunds
- "The seats are comfortable, but a bit on the narrow side, and the cargo space and rear-seat room are not as generous as in some of the Escape's competition." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The front seatbacks are scalloped to provide more rear knee room, rear leg and foot room are generous, and the rear seatbacks recline. The standard seats, which lack the sport seats' aggressive bolstering, are also good." -- Automobile Magazine (2013)
- "Escape's rear seat has adult-size space, with enough headroom, knee space, and foot space even behind a six-foot driver." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
- "I adjusted my seat and the standard tilt/telescoping steering wheel quickly and felt comfortable with plenty of headroom, dispelling my fears of claustrophobia." -- Cars.com (2013)
The 2015 Escape comes standard with a rearview camera and Ford's voice-activated SYNC system, which includes Bluetooth and a USB port. Options include a panoramic sunroof, proximity key, parallel park assist, HD Radio, dual-zone automatic climate control, a 10-speaker Sony stereo system, the MyFord Touch infotainment system with an 8-inch touch screen, navigation, front and rear parking sensors and blind spot monitoring.
Some auto journalists say that MyFord Touch works well at controlling phone, audio and navigation systems, though others say the touch-screen interface isn't as responsive as they would like. Reviewers comment that the infotainment screen has a sharp display. Other critics note that the climate controls are mounted too low for easy reach. The available Sony audio system is praised for its great sound quality.
- "The gauges are large and easily read. But while most controls are intuitive, those for the climate system are awkwardly located down low, and the standard infotainment interface of form-over-function buttons and a smallish screen isn't especially user-friendly. The optional MyFord Touch touchscreen system is better, and although still a bit finicky to use at times, it does a good job of controlling the car's various audio, phone and navigation functions and nicely complements the Sync voice controls." -- Edmunds
- "… we love the available panoramic moonroof as well as the excellent Sony audio system." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "MyFord Touch also replaces conventional sound system knobs and buttons with a center-mounted eight-inch touchscreen, dual 4.2-inch displays in the instrument cluster and touch-sensitive controls in the center stack. Many consumers report that the system is a 'love it or hate it' item, so those interested in the Escape are advised to try before they buy." -- Left Lane News
- "At the top of that attractive center stack we find the new and improved My Ford Touch screen to control the stereo, navigation, and climate control systems. It is indeed better than the much-maligned old system, and fingertip touches to the screen are more likely to result in affirmative responses than they were before, but the system remains fussy and finicky. The good news is that the optional Sony stereo is sensational, and the My Ford Touch display screen itself is bright and crisp, with attractive fonts." -- Automobile Magazine (2013)
The 2015 Escape has 34.3 cubic feet of cargo space behind the rear seats and 68.1 with them folded. Overall cargo space is on par for the class, though some rivals like the Subaru Forester offer more. Test drivers report that the available power liftgate, which opens by swinging a leg under the rear bumper, is very convenient for opening the hatch when your hands are full. Some critics note that small-item storage in the cabin isn't very impressive.
- "Storage space for smaller items in the front cabin is lacking compared to its rivals (especially the Honda CR-V), but cargo space behind the rear seats measures a competitive 34.3 cubic feet, and the squared-off roof line allows for a bigger dog to fit inside (only a few compact SUVs can claim the same). … A helpful option on the Escape is the hands-free power liftgate that opens with a wave of your foot under the rear bumper (as long as you have the key somewhere on you)." -- Edmunds
- "Rear cargo room is good, and the rear seat flops forward to increase load space." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
- "The Escape's optional hands-free power liftgate is one of the smartest features to hit the market in some time." -- Popular Mechanics (2013)
- "The low cargo floor height also helps. At just above my knee, the cargo floor is easily accessible. That means heaving heavy objects will require less effort as will letting your canine companions in and out of the cargo area." -- Cars.com (2013)
Next Steps: Ford Escape
- View the best prices for the 2015 Ford Escape
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Ford Escape
- Search used Ford Escape for sale (23,952 listings)
- See Affordable Compact SUVs rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals