2010 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Interior
This interior review was created when the car was new. Some links may no longer point to an active page.
The 2010 Ford Explorer Sport Trac receives general praise for its interior, which AutoWeek calls "the highlight of this ride." Kelley Blue Book says, "On balance, the Sport Trac's interior accommodations and cargo versatility are so appealing that every new owner will probably just love the thing."
- "Sport Trac Limited's cabin has classy, durable decor overall. We did notice a few rough edges, and soft-touch surfaces are scarce." -- Consumer Guide
- "Inside the Sport Trac everything fits well and is thoughtfully arranged." -- Kelley Blue Book
Ford Explorer Sport Trac Pictures
Though there are a few complaints, most reviewers ay the Explorer Sport Trac has comfortable seats, particularly in the front row.
- "The seats are comfortable, though the cushions are a bit short in the thigh." -- Consumer Guide
- "[The Sport Trac] offers more head- and leg-room to passengers than the average compact crew cab truck does." -- NewCars.com
- "Quite roomy and comfortable, in both the front and rear, and a long day behind the wheel should prove pleasant." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The floor seems too high, or the seats too low, making for an awkward driving position. I could never get the power seats to be comfortable, and I adjusted them every time I got in the truck." -- Cars.com
Many reviewers say that the Sport Trac's interior features belie its utilitarian nature. Standard features include power windows, mirrors and door locks, keyless entry, tilt steering, cruise control, air conditioning and an AM/FM single CD/MP3 player. Upgrading to the Limited adds a power driver's seat and a leather-wrapped steering wheel and gearshift knob, among other conveniences. Ford's SYNC infotainment system is available, as is real-time traffic updates via Sirius Travel Link. The Travel Link system provides real-time traffic updates for selected areas, as well as weather and entertainment information, like movie listings.
- "Well equipped with a nice array of standard features." -- Autoweb
- "[The Sport Trac] is "a long way from a bare bones sport machine, especially in Limited trim with a long list of standards." -- Motor Week
- "The audio system is pretty good, though the eight-inch subwoofer leaves a bit to be desired." -- AutoWeek
The Ford Explorer Sport Trac gets mixed reviews for its interior storage spaces.
- "[The Sport Trac wil]l certainly prove friendlier than the average compact crew cab truck for those of you with frequent child-cargo." -- NewCars.com
- "There's not a lot of luggage room in the cabin, so bags will likely end up in the cargo box when there's a full load of people onboard." -- Cars.com
- "There is a deep front covered storage bin, and front cup holders are positioned to avoid spills. Rear occupants also get large dual cup holders." -- MSN