Ford F-150 Review
The 2015 Ford F-150 ranks 2 out of 6 Full Size Pickup Trucks. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Ford F-150, as well as reliability and safety data.
The 2015 Ford F-150 is completely redesigned with an all-aluminum body, and test drivers praise its agile handling, roomy interior and muscular turbocharged V6 engine options.
A 3.5-liter V6 engine is standard in the 2015 F-150, but critics suggest choosing the new, optional turbocharged 2.7-liter V6 engine because they feel it provides quicker acceleration. For more power and plenty of strength for heavy towing, automotive writers recommend the available turbocharged 3.5-liter V6. A V8 is also available. The F-150's fuel economy is in line with the class, delivering an EPA-estimated 18/25 mpg city/highway with the base engine and rear-wheel drive. Thanks to its new aluminum body, the new F-150 is lighter than the outgoing model, which reviewers say contributes to its nimble handling. Auto journalists say the F-150 rides comfortably and has controlled body motions, though some note that its ride isn't as supple as the Ram 1500's. Some critics report that the F-150's brakes are a bit too sensitive, and they complain about its numb brake pedal feel.
Most automotive journalists say the revamped 2015 Ford F-150's interior is made with predominantly premium, soft-touch materials, but some feel the Ram 1500's and Chevrolet Silverado's interiors seem more luxurious. Test drivers find the F-150 delivers excellent outward visibility from the driver's seat, and the front seats are supportive. They add that the SuperCrew's rear quarters have a generous amount of space. Available features include Ford's SYNC voice command system, a USB port, a rearview camera, Bluetooth, the MyFord Touch infotainment system, adaptive cruise control and navigation. Test drivers say that the MyFord Touch system is much more user-friendly and responsive than it used to be, and some praise its straightforward operation.
- "Its aluminum body and bed mark a sea change in an industry that so often drifts with the current. Just as aluminum often indicates top-shelf beer these days, the lightweight metal is also an indicator of a better truck." -- Car and Driver
- "The all-new F-150 offers best-in-class towing and payload capacity, plus smaller displacement engines with impressive fuel economy. It's built for hard work, yet has a quiet cabin filled with modern luxury amenities. It has a wide offering of cabs, engines, trim levels and interiors." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Like that car, the new F-150 does its very best not to advertise how modern it is. But don't be fooled. In its construction, its cabin, and in the way it goes down the road, the 2015 Ford F-150 is a much more refined tool than the one it replaces." -- Automobile Magazine
- "The latest F-150 rises to the occasion, offering excellent capabilities, great gas mileage, an impressive new engine, a dramatically improved interior and a wide range of new high-tech gadgets. Yes, it's true that the 2015 Ford F-150 may not look very different from last year's model, but we can assure you that it's fully redesigned and worthy of a spot at the top of your shopping list." -- AutoTrader
- "The big deal with Ford's new F-150 is the aluminum body. With it, the material has hit the mainstream-it doesn't get much more so than the bestselling vehicle in America. While that's its own milestone, Ford did a lot to take advantage of the lighter body's obvious and more subtle advantages, creating a truck that's going to beat up on the domestic competition." -- Road and Track
Ford F-150 Pictures & Videos
Other Trucks to Consider
Test drivers say the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 has strong brakes and a comfortable, composed ride. The Silverado earns praise for its whisper-quiet cabin and first-rate interior materials.
The Ram 1500 has one of the most comfortable, car-like rides among full-size trucks, reviewers say. It gets great fuel economy for the class with its available diesel engine, and reviewers like the added utility of its available lockable RamBox storage compartments in the bed.
Details: 2015 Ford F-150
The Ford F-150 is fully redesigned for the 2015 model year. Rear-wheel drive is standard and four-wheel drive is optional. Regular cab models seat three, while SuperCab (extended cab) and SuperCrew (crew cab) models seat up to six. There are four engine choices: a base 3.5-liter V6, a turbocharged 2.7-liter V6, a turbocharged 3.5-liter V6 and a 5.0-liter V8. A six-speed automatic transmission is standard. There are five trim levels: XL, XLT, Lariat, King Ranch and Platinum.
Next Steps: Ford F-150
- View the best prices for the 2015 Ford F-150
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Ford F-150
- Search used Ford F-150 for sale (46,749 listings)
- See Full Size Pickup Trucks rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals