Ford F-150 Interior
Reviewers say that the redesigned 2015 Ford F-150's cabin is significantly improved over that of the outgoing model, and features materials that are softer to the touch. Still, some critics remark that the cabin design and materials fall short of what rivals like the Ram 1500 and Chevrolet Silverado 1500 offer. According to test drivers, the F-150's cab is very spacious and comfortable, and the available MyFord Touch system is much easier to operate than it used to be.
- "It's all very sensible, but we wish the cabin looked nicer -- neither the design nor the materials match what's offered in the Ram 1500." -- Automobile Magazine
- "The base XL interior feels fairly cheap, though hard-plastic graining is a bit better than in the 2014. The two-layer dash with soft vinyl inserts, standard on the Lariat upward, is the F-150's salvation in comparison with the Chevy Silverado's well-finished cab." -- AutoWeek
- "The F-150 King Ranch cockpit could upstage a Lincoln. And no matter the trim level, your elbows, hands, and butt fall on nice-enough materials. However, the dash plastics are still relatively low-rent, and the fit and finish fall well behind what Chevrolet and Ram have achieved." -- Car and Driver
- "Materials quality is up everywhere we look and touch. And the layout and tactile feel of the various buttons and knobs is light-years ahead of the previous model. It's a big step forward, but enough of the familiar Ford vibe remains to appease the traditionalists." -- Edmunds
Ford F-150 Pictures
Regular cab Ford F-150s seat up to three, while SuperCab and SuperCrew models seat up to six. Vinyl seats are standard, and seating options include cloth or leather upholstery, front bucket seats, heated and cooled front seats, power-adjustable front seats and massaging front seats. Test drivers find the front seats incredibly comfortable, and they say that forward visibility is excellent from the driver’s seat. Reviewers report that the front seats have a new design that yields more legroom for rear-seat passengers, and that the SuperCrew's rear seats are incredibly spacious.
- "Thinner front seats with re-contoured backsides enhance rear legroom and knee clearance to give rear-seat occupants more space. There was never a shortage, but the extra space makes it that much more pleasant. None of this ruins the comfort of the front seats, and the high-end Platinum and King Ranch versions can even be fitted with - wait for it - seat massage systems." -- Edmunds
- "The SuperCrew (crew cab) is extremely roomy, with rear-seat legroom that would make some full-size sedans envious. The F-150's floor is flat, making the middle rear seat comfortable, while also allowing more room for storage. Also making the cab comfortable are seats that have been carefully sculpted to reduce fatigue." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The driving position is commanding, with the new styling improving outward visibility thanks to the signature dropout in the front windows plunging even lower on 2015 models." -- Autoblog
- "Your elbows and waist can thank the lower beltline. … That in turn put the upper part of the driver's window sill on a more comfy plane for forearms, and the lower (main) door arm rest is now at the same height as the center console." -- Road and Track
The base 2015 F-150 XL comes standard with a four-speaker audio system (six speakers in SuperCab and SuperCrew models). Optional features include Ford's SYNC voice command system, Bluetooth, a USB port, a rearview camera, the MyFord Touch infotainment system with an 8-inch touch screen, dual-zone automatic climate control, blind spot monitoring, navigation, adaptive cruise control, a 360-degree camera system and a twin-pane sunroof.
Reviewers write that the MyFord Touch system in the F-150 is responsive and more user-friendly than it was in years prior, with some saying that it’s now one of the more straightforward systems on the market. They also appreciate that there are knobs to adjust climate and audio settings. Others mention that the customizable display in the gauge cluster is easy to operate and has logical menus.
- "We're also continually impressed with improvements to Ford's MyFord Touch infotainment system, which is now as responsive and intuitive as the best systems from other automakers." -- AutoTrader
- "The basic hard switch layout is similar the 2014 F-150, and excellent. Audio sits above, climate-control below. There are 2-inch rotary knobs for volume, tuning, temperature on each side or temp and fan and pushbuttons for everything else, including conventional station presets." -- AutoWeek
- "From the Lariat on up, a revised and enlarged 8-inch 'productivity' screen sits between the two main gauges. The array of information on offer is substantially greater, but it's also simpler to sift through thanks to the addition of a customizable home screen and a tab structure to quickly identify the various data categories." -- Edmunds
Regular cab and SuperCab F-150 models are available with a 6.5- or 8-foot bed, and SuperCrew models come with either a 5.5- or 6.5-foot bed. A deployable tailgate step is optional. Ford also offers a system of bed-mounted brackets and tie-down cleats called BoxLink. Reviewers say that the BoxLink system should be handy for securing different types of cargo in the bed. They also appreciate that the F-150 has a flat load floor in the rear seating section, which makes it easy to stack boxes.
- "There are a brace of LEDs to illuminate the cargo box, too, and a rather trick optional Boxlink cargo management system employing easily configurable cleats to restrain loads or hang ramps out of the way." -- Autoblog
- "The best innovations, though, might be the simplest ones. There's now a flat floor in the cabin so you can actually stack boxes when you fold the rear seats, and the new BoxLink system adds four anchors in the sides of the bed that allow drivers to hook in tie-downs, bungee cords, or E-track, a cargo-management system familiar to those who move snowmobiles, ATVs, and the like in trailers." -- Car and Driver
Next Steps: Ford F-150
- View the best prices for the 2015 Ford F-150
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Ford F-150
- Search used Ford F-150 for sale (46,749 listings)
- See Full Size Pickup Trucks rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals