Ford F-150 Interior
The F-150’s cabin is generally praised by critics, who say its seats are comfortable and spacious. They also appreciate the vast legroom found in crew cab models. Many also comment that the cabin appears rugged enough to withstand the abuse of being a work truck and yet is good-looking with high-quality materials. Reviewers also appreciate the many business-oriented features that are available.
- "Most F-150s are overall very quiet pickups. Still, wind noise gets noticeable at highway speeds, and the engines are heard during acceleration." -- Consumer Guide (2012)
- "The 2010 Ford F-150's interior is both attractive and functional." -- Kelley Blue Book (2010)
- "All F-150s feature simple controls and good-quality materials." -- Edmunds (2010)
The Ford F-150 can seat between three and six people, depending on the cab and configuration. Regular cabs seat up to three, while Super (extended) and SuperCrew cabs seat up to six. The base XL trim comes standard with vinyl seats, and cloth is optional. Cloth is standard on the STX, and most of the top trims get standard leather seats. Power seat adjustment is optional on mid-level trims and standard on the top trims. Heated and cooled front seats are available on the upper trims. Critics say that the front seats are among the most comfortable in the class, and also note that outward visibility is good.
In back, critics love the SuperCrew’s vast leg space. SuperCab models aren’t as rear-passenger-friendly, offering a smaller opening to a smaller space. SuperCab models have rear-hinged back doors, which some critics don’t think are as convenient as the traditional forward-moutned hinges found on the SuperCrew or some competitors. Those looking to coddle their rear passengers will appreciate the standard heated rear seats found in the top SuperCrew trim levels.
- "The cab in the 2013 F-150 SuperCrew is so roomy it out-measures some full-size sedans. In fact, the rear-seat legroom is absolutely limousine-like, and the mechanically-articulated second-row seat flips up and out of the way, delivering an ample 57.6 cubic feet of space behind the front seats." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Plenty of room on comfortable, supportive seats. Step-in is very high, especially on 4WD models. We would highly recommend the available running boards. Visibility is generally good, but the Raptor's tall build means you have to triple check your surroundings to make sure nothing (or no one) of short stature is in your way." -- Consumer Guide (2012)
- "The SuperCab is still fairly roomy, but legroom is noticeably less generous. Its rear-hinged clamshell doors are also less useful than the traditional front-hinged doors of the competitive Tundra Double Cab and Ram Quad Cab." -- Edmunds (2012)
The XL trim is sparsely equipped, but that is to be expected for a base trim pickup. It has manual windows and mirrors, air conditioning and a radio. All upper trims get power windows and mirrors standard, and are available with satellite radio, navigation and Ford’s SYNC with or without MyFord Touch. Other available features include a Sony stereo, dual-zone climate control and a power sunroof.
The F-150 is also available with Ford Work Solutions, which is a system designed to help business owners. It includes tool tracking, an on-board computer with Internet connection and an available printer that can be hooked up to print things like invoices. Ford has also made large, easy-to-press physical buttons for MyFord Touch in the F-150 to make it easier to use with gloves on. Reviewers welcome the large buttons not only for MyFord Touch, but for all of the general controls on all trims. They also appreciate that the optional navigation system does not absorb audio and climate controls, keeping everything simple to operate.
- "Knowing that the hands controlling the F-150 will often be clad in some type of glove, be it work or ski, the design team has created buttons, knobs and switches that are slightly oversized, widely spaced and easy to reach." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Audio and climate controls are mounted high and low, respectively, and all are just out of easy reach. Basic functions aren't absorbed by the optional navigation system, which is a plus." -- Consumer Guide (2012)
- "Hands-down, it's the best pickup truck trip computer, and it's the benchmark by which all others that follow will be measured. It has a fuel-efficiency monitor, pitch and yaw angles while off-roading and a robust set of towing apps that can store names and notes for up to 20 trailers, and provides a hitch checklist to help ensure you've hooked up the trailer properly." -- PickupTrucks.com (2011)
The F-150 has a fairly utilitarian interior. Those equipped with the front bench seat have a storage compartment underneath the middle cushion, and XLT and higher models with these seats also have covered armrest storage. An optional front center console is large, and can hold a laptop and hanging file folders, which reviewers like. They also say that the flat rear floor in SuperCrew cab models makes loading large cargo easy and convenient. The SuperCab isn’t as convenient for loading rear cargo, as its rear-hinged back doors can’t be opened without opening the front door as well. Regular cabs have limited space behind the front seats, so this configuration may not be the best choice if you need lots of dry, secure cabin storage.
Ford also offers features to make loading the cargo bed easier. There are deployable, side-mounted steps to help reach over the high bed walls. There is a step that comes out of the lowered tailgate to make it easier to climb into the bed.
- "A thoughtful center console design can swallow two or more laptops or tablets; there are even slotted ridges along the sides for holding hanging files in place." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "SuperCrew's rear-seat cushion can be folded up to reveal a wide, flat-floor load space along with handy grocery-bag hooks. Cabin small-item storage is quite good, with the huge center console and a few small bins making up for a tiny glovebox.” -- Consumer Guide (2012)
- "Ford also offers a number of unique and useful perks, among these a flat rear floor, a deployable step that eases access to the cargo bed and Ford's Sync multimedia voice command system.” -- Edmunds (2012)
Next Steps: Ford F-150
Get the U.S. News Best Price for the Ford F-150
To get local pricing, enter your zip code: Get Best Price Cancel
- Search used Ford F-150 for sale (40,971 listings)
- Find low financing rates for the Ford F-150
- See what others paid for the 2013 Ford F-150
- View Ford F-150 Photos
- See Full Size Pickup Trucks rankings