Ford Focus Review
The 2015 Ford Focus ranks 8 out of 27 Affordable Compact Cars. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Ford Focus, as well as reliability and safety data.
The 2015 Ford Focus is ranked:
Critics praise the refreshed 2015 Ford Focus for its athletic handling, elegant interior and top-quality materials.
The 2015 Ford Focus features a standard four-cylinder engine with either a six-speed automatic or five-speed manual transmission. The automatic transmission is hesitant to shift at lower speeds, according to test drivers. Reviewers note that the optional turbocharged three-cylinder engine generates ample power but add that its manual transmission is not ideally geared. With the base engine and automatic transmission, the Focus returns an EPA-estimated 26/38 mpg city/highway, which is decent for the class. Three-cylinder models are rated at 29/40 mpg. The 2015 Focus is fun to drive, with nimble handling and communicative steering, reviewers say. Focus Titanium models come with a sport-tuned suspension, which provides a firmer ride according to some critics.
The 2015 Focus sports a well-made cabin featuring high-end materials, according to critics. Test drivers praise the comfortable front seats but note that some in-class rivals offer more rear-seat legroom. Critics also write that the Focus hatchback's overall cargo space can't match that offered by some competitors. The 2015 Focus comes standard with a rearview camera and the SYNC voice-control system, which includes Bluetooth and a USB port. Available features include dual-zone automatic climate control, navigation, blind spot monitoring and the MyFord Touch infotainment system with an 8-inch touch screen. Reviewers say that MyFord Touch is much more user-friendly than it was in previous model years, but some say that rivals' infotainment systems are easier to use.
- "The 2015 Ford Focus deserves a look if you're in the market for a fuel-efficient compact that comes with an extra helping of style, technology, comfort and a fun-to-drive nature." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "In fact, 'mature' is a good way to describe this updated third-generation Focus all the way around - it's traded in a modicum of its spunk and much of its youthful indiscretion for some added refinement and sophistication, not to mention higher-quality interior furnishings." -- Autoblog
- "The Ford Focus is one of the top offerings in the compact segment thanks to precise, enjoyable handling, a useful array of high-tech features and a refined interior. Available as a traditional sedan or a cargo-friendly hatchback, the Focus isn't without faults - chief among them limited rear seat space and a quirky automatic transmission - but they pale in comparison to what this well-rounded small car has to offer." -- Left Lane News
- "A much improved package overall, this Focus is once again one of the top compact cars in its class." -- Edmunds
Ford Focus Pictures & Videos
Other Cars to Consider
Test drivers agree that the Mazda Mazda3 has nimble handling and is a lot of fun to drive, especially when equipped with a six-speed manual transmission. Reviewers like the Mazda3's premium cabin materials, and they say its infotainment system is easy to master.
The Volkswagen Golf has more overall cargo space than the Focus hatchback, and with its available diesel engine, the Golf returns excellent fuel economy for the class. Reviewers delight in the Golf's first-rate interior materials and remarkably comfortable front seats.
Details: 2015 Ford Focus
The 2015 Ford Focus seats five, has front-wheel drive and is available in hatchback or sedan body styles. The Focus is offered in S, SE, Titanium and high-performance ST trims. A 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine and five-speed manual transmission are standard, and a six-speed automated manual transmission is optional. The Ford Focus Electric is reviewed separately. The Focus gets updated interior and exterior styling for 2015, but hasn’t been fully redesigned since the 2012 model year. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2012 through 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Ford Focus
- View the best prices for the 2015 Ford Focus
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Ford Focus
- Search used Ford Focus for sale (25,865 listings)
- See Affordable Compact Cars rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals