Ford Focus Interior
Reviewers agree that the 2015 Ford Focus' updated cabin is attractive and built with first-rate materials. They find its front seats supportive, but some say that the back seat is small for a compact car. Updates to the Focus' available MyFord Touch infotainment system has made it more user-friendly, according to some critics. However, others write that a number of competing automakers' infotainment systems are easier to use.
- "The Old World influence is clearly evident in the Focus' classy cabin, which charms with high-quality materials and a distinctive design." -- Left Lane News
- "With additional sound deadening, the 2015 Focus should also be quieter. The overall pros and cons remain. With expensive-feeling materials, the Focus boasts the look of a more expensive car, but it's not the roomiest in its class." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The biggest changes by far were on the inside. Gone is the spaceship look of the current Focus, replaced with an easy-to-use assembly of buttons paired with high-quality materials." -- Edmunds
Ford Focus Pictures
The Ford Focus seats five and is available with leather upholstery, heated front seats and a power-adjustable driver’s seat. The Focus ST is available with front Recaro sport seats. Reviewers say the front seats are spacious and supportive, but some comment that the Focus' back seats don't offer as much legroom as some rivals.
- "The seats are well-stitched, supportive and the material feels sturdy." -- Edmunds
- "Material choice and observed fit-and-finish on these early-run cars was very good, as was seat comfort." -- Autoblog
- "There's sufficient space up front, but the rear seats are lacking in legroom compared to some competitors." -- Left Lane News
Standard features in the 2015 Focus include a rearview camera and Ford's SYNC voice-control system, which includes a USB port and Bluetooth. Blind spot monitoring, lane keep assist, navigation, dual-zone automatic climate control and the MyFord Touch infotainment system with an 8-inch touch screen are available.
Test drivers note that the Focus' center stack controls are straightforward, and that the steering wheel has a lot of buttons, but that they're easy to operate. Reviewers say the MyFord Touch system is more user-friendly than it was in prior model years, but some rivals offer more clear-cut infotainment systems.
- "MyFord Touch remains the resident interface on navigation-equipped models like our Titanium-spec tester, and while the system is improving, it's still far from our favorite." -- Autoblog
- "The climate control layout is simple and clear and the dual-zone functionality on the Titanium we drove worked quite well. Similarly, the instrument panel was easy to read and though there are a lot of them, the buttons on the new three-spoke steering wheel were easy to figure out." -- Edmunds
- "Many consumers report that the system is a ‘love it or hate it’ item, so those interested in the Focus are advised to try before they buy." -- Left Lane News
The 2015 Focus sedan has 13.2 cubic feet of trunk space, which is typical for the class. The Focus hatchback offers 23.8 cubic feet of space behind the rear seats and 44.8 cubic feet with the rear row folded. Even though some hatchbacks like the Mazda3 or Volkswagen Golf have more overall cargo space, reviewers are pleased with the utility that the Focus hatchback offers. They also appreciate that the Focus has a storage space with a USB port ahead of the shifter for things like cell phones.
- "The 2015 Ford Focus comes with a host of interior upgrades to enhance usability. For example, there's now a small cubby and USB port ahead of the shifter, perfect for your phone." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Opt for the Focus' versatile hatchback bodystyle, and cargo space is ample - 23.8 cubic feet are available behind the rear seats, and 44.8 cubes can be unlocked by folding the rear seats flat." -- Left Lane News
Next Steps: Ford Focus
- View the best prices for the 2015 Ford Focus
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Ford Focus
- Search used Ford Focus for sale (25,865 listings)
- See Affordable Small Cars rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals