Ford Fusion Energi Interior
An eye-catching design and first-class materials give the 2015 Ford Fusion Energi’s interior an upscale vibe, according to critics. They also say the Fusion Energi has a supportive driver’s seat and decent rear-seat space. However, the Fusion Energi doesn’t have much trunk space, and critics complain that the MyFord Touch infotainment system is difficult to use.
- "While its plug-in hybrid powertrain may be what first attracts you to the 2015 Ford Fusion Energi, you'll also appreciate its stylish and well-equipped interior. It features clean lines and quality materials that give the space a decidedly high-end feel." -- Edmunds
- "Inside, the dashboard is marked by flowing lines, contoured shapes and plenty of soft-touch surfaces." -- Left Lane News
- "The test car was a Titanium high-end version, and the interior was suitably sumptuous. Exceptional leather upholstery pleasing to the eye and the tush; crisp, tasteful dashboard and interior layout and trim." -- USA Today (2013)
The 2015 Ford Fusion Energi seats five and comes standard with leather upholstery and power-adjustable, heated front seats. Ventilated front seats and a heated steering wheel are optional. Critics remark that it’s easy to find a comfortable position in the Fusion Energi’s supportive driver’s seat. However, some say the Fusion Energi doesn’t feel as spacious as its rivals, and others note that its roof cuts into rear-seat headroom. Still, auto writers report that two adults of average height will have adequate space in the back seat.
- "Front seats are comfortable and supportive, and the combination of the power driver seat and tilt-and-telescoping steering wheel offer a degree of adjustability that makes it easy for a wide range of drivers to get comfortable. The roof's rearward slope cuts into rear seat headroom, but not so much as to make most average-height rear passengers uncomfortable." -- Edmunds
- "The 2015 Ford Fusion's attractive 5-passenger cabin doesn't feel as airy as some of its competitors. Nonetheless, there's room for four adults, and three kids can sit in the rear without too much ‘He's on my side!’" -- Kelley Blue Book
The 2015 Ford Fusion Energi comes standard with a rearview camera, dual-zone automatic climate control, a six-speaker audio system, satellite radio the MyFord Touch infotainment system and Ford’s voice-activated SYNC system, which includes a USB port and Bluetooth. Ford’s MyKey system, which lets parents set speed and audio volume limits for young drivers, is also standard. Available features include rear parking sensors, active parallel parking assist, adaptive cruise control, forward collision warning, blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic monitoring, active lane keep assist, inflatable rear seat belts (which inflate during a crash to help reduce the risk of injury), remote start, a 12-speaker Sony audio system, a moonroof and navigation.
Auto writers report that the MyFord Touch infotainment system is versatile, but requires some study to adjust common settings. They also note that it can be slow to respond to user inputs.
- "The center touchscreen (MyFord Touch), backed by Sync's many redundant voice commands, can be a powerful tool for configuring and controlling the car and your smartphone. But there can be a steep learning curve for getting accustomed to even basic functions. And even though the system works significantly better than when it debuted, it can still be sluggish to operate at times." -- Edmunds
- "The Ford system of controls remains too awkward, but was manageable and didn't act up." -- USA Today (2013)
The 2015 Ford Fusion Energi has 8.2 cubic feet of trunk space, which is less cargo space than what plug-in hybrid rivals like the Chevrolet Volt and the Toyota Prius Plug-in offer. Test drivers agree that the Fusion Energi has a disappointing amount of trunk space, though it does come standard with 60/40 split-folding rear seats that can help expand the cargo area.
- "With the oversize battery pack eating up a good chunk of cargo space, there are just 8.2 cubic feet available -- 4 cubic feet less than the Fusion Hybrid's and roughly half of what's available on standard models." -- Edmunds
- "The big battery pack takes up a lot of space in the trunk, leaving a tricky, narrow cargo compartment that's smaller than the Hybrid's 12.0 cubic foot space or the gasoline Fusion's 16.0 cubic foot trunk." -- Forbes (2013)
Next Steps: Ford Fusion Energi
- View the best prices for the 2015 Ford Fusion Energi
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Ford Fusion Energi
- See Affordable Midsize Cars rankings