2012 Ford Fusion Hybrid Review
The 2012 Ford Fusion Hybrid’s impressive performance, high-tech interior and good fuel economy make it a reviewer favorite.
Test drivers say that if you’re in the market for a midsize hybrid that performs like a gas-only car, you should look no further than the Ford Fusion Hybrid. Many test drivers say it’s not only their favorite Ford Fusion model, but some even say it’s the best hybrid on the market. Automobile Magazine writes, “Overall I'd say this is the best mid-size hybrid you can buy."
The Fusion Hybrid is the 2012 U.S. News Best Hybrid Car for the Money. It won this award for its low long-term ownership costs and high praise from test drivers. Not only does the Ford Fusion Hybrid have good fuel economy, but it gives drivers an engaging experience behind the wheel. These qualities make it a good value in its segment. The Fusion Hybrid also won the 2012 U.S. News Best Hybrid Car for Families award for its roomy interior and family-friendly tech features.
Reviewers think its only downsides are its small trunk and high base price. A few reviewers also noted some cheap interior materials. However, if you’re shopping for a hybrid sedan, the Ford Fusion Hybrid should definitely be on your list.
Other Cars to Consider
Toyota revamped its Camry Hybrid for 2012, and increased its fuel economy in the process. Depending on the trim, the Camry Hybrid can get better or worse EPA-estimated fuel economy compared with the Ford Fusion Hybrid. Despite its improvements for 2012, reviewers agree that the Fusion Hybrid is more fun to drive than the Camry Hybrid. If you prioritize performance in your hybrid sedan, the Fusion Hybrid is a better choice.
With a sleek exterior and plenty of standard interior features, the Hyundai Sonata Hybrid is a good car to consider. The Sonata Hybrid gets worse fuel economy than the Fusion Hybrid in the city, but on the highway its EPA-estimated fuel economy rating is better than the Fusion Hybrid. The Sonata Hybrid also costs a few thousand dollars less than the Fusion Hybrid, so if your budget is a priority, the Hyundai Sonata Hybrid makes more sense.
Ford Fusion Hybrid: The Details
The 2012 Ford Fusion Hybrid comes in one trim and is mostly unchanged from last year. See the full list of 2012 Ford Fusion Hybrid specs.
- "Our favorite Fusion is the Hybrid because of its smooth, quiet operation and outstanding fuel economy." -- Consumer Guide
- "The gasoline-electric powertrain provides seamless operation and excellent fuel economy, making this one of the best hybrids on the market." -- Car and Driver
- "We did not want to return the Fusion Hybrid at the end of the test week, during which we tried all sorts of things to make it run out of gas. After a week in the oh-so-smooth, technologically transparent Fusion Hybrid, I've not only become more of a believer in hybrids, but I've also moved closer than ever to buying a hybrid automobile... I really like this car, mostly because it feels and looks like a nice, high-quality, midsize family sedan instead of a science project." -- The Washington Post
Next Steps: Ford Fusion Hybrid
To get local pricing, enter your zip code: Get Best Price Cancel
- Search used Ford Fusion Hybrid for sale (11,063 listings)
- Find low financing rates for the Ford Fusion-Hybrid
- View Ford Fusion Hybrid Photos
- See Affordable Midsize Cars rankings