Ford Fusion Hybrid Interior
Most auto reviewers are impressed with the Ford Fusion Hybrid’s high-tech interior. They say it’s spacious, comfortable and has upscale features, like Ford’s voice-activated SYNC system. However, one test driver says the interior materials quality isn’t up to class standards. The trunk is small for a midsize car due to the battery pack, which takes up space, but that’s common among hybrids.
- "The general appearance of the Fusion Hybrid's cabin hews closely to the looks of the regular model, which is more modern than before but still trails competitors like the Kia Optima in terms of materials quality." -- Cars.com
- "As with the regular Fusion, the hybrid also boasts a spacious, well-finished cabin loaded with thoughtful luxury features." -- Edmunds
- "Customizable high-res gauge cluster makes the quest for high fuel economy fun.” -- Car and Driver
- "Adequate space. Comfortable accommodations. Above-average ambience." -- USA Today
Reviewers say there’s plenty of space for front and rear occupants in the 2012 Ford Fusion Hybrid, and tall passengers will also be comfortable. The standard cloth seats are made from recycled material, though buyers can upgrade to heated, leather-trimmed seats.
- "The Hybrid's standard recycled cloth upholstery is pleasant and avoids looking cheap." -- Consumer Guide
- "Cabin space is ample for five passengers." -- Autotropolis
- "The seats are comfortable, lightly bolstered and supportive. You know what my measure of good seats for the kids is? No complaints. There was no whining about the booster seat not fitting right or it covering the seat belt receptors. There was no griping about legroom or about who's touching whom. Not a word. Excellent." -- Cars.com
The Ford Fusion Hybrid features a high-tech LCD display, called SmartGuage. Auto writers like the fuel efficiency data that is displayed, and the animated graphics that show you how efficient your driving is. The Fusion Hybrid gets Ford’s SYNC voice-activated infotainment system standard, which includes Bluetooth and USB iPod integration, as well as satellite radio. See the full list of 2012 Ford Fusion Hybrid specs.
- “Efficiency gauges have been done before, but the Fusion Hybrid's instrument panel takes it to a new level. It features two LCD screens separated by a traditional speedometer. The screens can be configured to show the driver a limited set of information about the hybrid system or increasingly detailed data." -- Cars.com
- "Hybrids have ‘SmartGauge’ digital-graphic readouts that are integrated into the main gauge cluster; they're simple to read and include helpful guides for driving efficiently." -- Consumer Guide
- "There's a wealth of information displayed and the graphics are pleasant and modern. There's even one that shows animated leaves and branches -- the more economically you drive, the fuller and greener your shrubbery becomes." -- Edmunds
- "The Fusion is an information lover's delight, much more so than any hybrid I've driven." -- The Washington Post
- "Other convenient touches include Ford's Sync, which comes in handy when scoping nearby gas prices." -- Popular Mechanics
The 2012 Ford Fusion Hybrid’s trunk can only hold 11.8 cubic feet of stuff because the battery takes up a lot of room, which makes it difficult to fit large items. The back seats don’t fold down either, but one reviewer finds the trunk sufficient, despite the battery pack eating up space.
- "Note that the Hybrid omits folding rear seat backs, and its trunk shrinks to 11.8 cubic feet from 16.5." -- Consumer Guide
- "Because of its battery pack, the Fusion Hybrid has a smaller truck, with 11.8 cubic feet of capacity." -- Edmunds
- "The Fusion Hybrid’s storage was ample, with a good-sized trunk (especially considering it’s sharing space with a sizable battery) and a compartment on top of the dashboard that can store sunglasses, cell phones, cameras or whatever else you think of." -- Cars.com
Next Steps: Ford Fusion Hybrid
To get local pricing, enter your zip code: Get Best Price Cancel
- Search used Ford Fusion Hybrid for sale (11,597 listings)
- Find low financing rates for the Ford Fusion-Hybrid
- View Ford Fusion Hybrid Photos
- See Affordable Midsize Cars rankings