Ford Fusion Hybrid Interior
Most reviewers agree that the 2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid’s interior is stylish and uses upscale materials, though some think the simple design looks a bit bland. The Fusion Hybrid’s seats earn praise from critics for their comfort and passenger space, and the trunk is similar in size with other hybrids’. The available MyFord Touch system is disliked by most reviewers, who say it is hard to use, glitchy and slow to respond to inputs.
- "Inside, the dashboard is marked by flowing lines, contoured shapes and plenty of soft-touch surfaces." -- Left Lane News
- "Inside, high-quality materials show Ford's continuing dedication to improving the passenger environment. The dashboard and center stack are uncluttered and tastefully designed, although this look can come across as austere and uninviting, especially with the all-black interior." -- Edmunds
- "Not only is the Fusion shhhexy (as Sean Connery would say) on the outside, but it is pleasingly dashing on the inside, too. The center console is relatively minimalistic and easy to use." -- Jalopnik (2013)
Eco-friendly cloth or regular cloth seats come standard in the 2014 Fusion Hybrid. Power-adjustable front seats, heated and cooled front seats and leather-trimmed sport seats are available on higher trims. Most reviewers say the Fusion Hybrid’s seats are comfortable and supportive, and that there’s plenty of passenger space in the back seat. Some test drivers think the eco-friendly seat fabric feels cheap.
- "With the highly adjustable power driver seat, just about everybody should be able to find a comfortable driving position. The passenger seat is just as supportive, while the split-folding rear seats are well contoured and have plenty of legroom. … Outward visibility to the front is good thanks to the Fusion's relatively slender front roof pillars." -- Edmunds
- "Seating is comfortable, with good support, and vision is adequate if not fantastic. Despite the swooping headline of the new Fusion, the rear seats have solid head- and legroom, although again, not class-leading." -- Jalopnik (2013)
- "The standard cloth upholstery is eco-friendly (made from recycled plastic) but it's also polyester-like; buyers can upgrade to leather." -- Automobile Magazine (2013)
- "The front interior space is very much driver-oriented, and given that, feels somewhat tight and constrained. Rear seat space and legroom, however, were substantial for this 5-foot, 9-inch scribe. But replace me with a 6-foot-something rider and you'll likely get complaints about side visibility and headroom." -- Motor Trend (2013)
The Ford Fusion Hybrid comes standard with dual-zone automatic climate control, automatic headlights, MyKey (which lets parents set vehicle speed and audio volume limits for young drivers), a six-speaker CD audio system, an auxiliary audio jack and Ford’s voice-controlled Sync with MyFord system, which includes Bluetooth audio and phone connectivity, 911 Assist (which can call emergency responders) and a feature that reads incoming text messages over the speakers while you’re driving. The Fusion Hybrid is available with features like remote start, a rearview camera, Ford’s Sync with MyFord Touch touch-screen infotainment system, a 110-volt household plug, blind spot monitoring with cross traffic alert, lane departure warning with lane keeping assist, automatic high beams, rain-sensing windshield wipers, satellite radio, a moonroof, backup sensors, rear-seat air conditioning vents, active park assist, adaptive cruise control, proximity key, push-button start, a heated steering wheel, navigation, a 12-speaker Sony audio system and HD Radio.
Most reviewers think the available MyFord Touch system is slow to respond to touch inputs and difficult to use, adding that voice commands are sometimes misinterpreted. The touch-screen climate controls are also disliked by some test drivers, who wish the Fusion Hybrid had knobs instead, like the ones for the audio volume and tuning.
- "Less appealing is the optional MyFord Touch system. The 8-inch main display controls various audio, phone and navigation functions via voice (Sync), touch controls or buttons on the steering wheel. It's a smart idea in theory, and it does provide some nice customization and smartphone integration possibilities. Unfortunately, there's a learning curve involved for the user, and we've found the system prone to glitches and slow to respond. In addition, many of the touchscreen icons are difficult to locate and press while on the move." -- Edmunds
- "Many consumers report that the [MyFord Touch] system is a ‘love it or hate it’ item, so those interested in the Fusion Hybrid are advised to try before they buy." -- Left Lane News
- "Unfortunately, flat-panel, touch-screen HVAC controls are standard (here and in all Fusions). At least there are volume and tuning knobs for the stereo." -- Automobile Magazine (2013)
The 2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid can hold 12 cubic feet of cargo. This is almost the same amount of cargo the Hyundai Sonata Hybrid can accommodate at 12.1 cubic feet, and is slightly less space than the base Honda Accord Hybrid’s 12.7 cubic-foot trunk. Critics think the Fusion Hybrid’s cargo room is fine for a hybrid car, and they like that the rear seat folds down to fit longer items, which not all hybrids’ back seats can do. They also like that the Fusion Hybrid has a lot of small-item storage places inside.
- "In hybrid models, some space is eaten up by under-floor batteries. Still, even hybrid models allow the rear seats to fold for added cargo room." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Compared with the standard Fusion, the Hybrid's trunk space takes a hit due to the packaging of the battery pack. As such, the Hybrid's checks in at 12 cubic feet, or 4 fewer cubes than the non-hybrid Fusion. Still, that's on par with the trunks of other midsize hybrid sedans." -- Edmunds
- "New with the 2013 Hybrid is a fold-down rear seatback and a trunk pass-through, thanks to the more compact battery. The battery still creates a pronounced lump in the trunk floor, however, and reduces total trunk space from 16 [in the gas-only Fusion] to 12 cubic feet." -- Automobile Magazine (2013)
- "There are plenty of storage spaces throughout the cabin." -- Motor Trend (2013)
Next Steps: Ford Fusion Hybrid
- View the best prices for the 2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid
- Search used Ford Fusion Hybrid for sale (24,623 listings)
- See Affordable Midsize Cars rankings