STEERING:ELECTRIC POWER ASSIST SYSTEMRecall Date: 04/27/2015
- Summary: Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2013-2015 Ford Fusion and Lincoln MKZ vehicles manufactured February 3, 2012, to March 20, 2015, and 2015 Ford Edge vehicles manufactured February 26, 2015, to February 28, 2015, and originally sold, or currently registered in, Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, West Virginia, Wisconsin and the District of Columbia. In the affected vehicles, snow or water containing road salt or other contaminants may corrode the electric power steering gear motor attachment bolts.
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 487301
- Consequence: If the bolts corrode, the steering gear motor may detach from the gear housing resulting in a loss of power steering assist. Loss of power steering assist would require a higher steering effort, especially at lower speeds, which may increase the risk of a crash.
- Remedy: Ford will notify owners, and dealers will apply sealer and replace the steering gear motor bolts as required. If one or more of the steering gear motor attachment bolts are broken or missing, a new steering gear will be installed in the vehicle. These repairs will be performed free of charge. The recall began on June 24, 2015. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 15S14.
- Dates of Manufacture FEB 02, 2012 to MAR 19, 2015
- Manufacturer Recall Number: 15S14
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 15V250000
POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION:CONTROL MODULE (TCM, PCM)Recall Date: 11/17/2014
- Summary: Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2014-2015 Ford Fusion vehicles manufactured July 27, 2013, to October 31, 2014, 2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid vehicles manufactured February 24, 2014, to October 31, 2014, and 2015 Ford Fusion Energi vehicles manufactured July 14, 2014, to October 31, 2014. In the affected vehicles, the key may be able to be removed even while the transmission is not in Park. Thus, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 114, "Theft Protection and Rollaway Prevention."
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 56479
- Consequence: If the key can be removed despite that the transmission is not in Park, a driver may think the vehicle is safety parked, when it is not, increasing the risk of a vehicle rollaway that could cause the vehicle to strike and injure the driver, other vehicle occupants, or bystanders.
- Remedy: Ford will notify owners, and dealers will repair the vehicles, free of charge. The recall began on December 15, 2014. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 14C11.
- Dates of Manufacture JUL 26, 2013 to OCT 30, 2014
- Manufacturer Recall Number: 14C11
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 14V736000