2011 Ford Super Duty
- Used Ford Super Duty
2011 Ford Super Duty Interior
The Ford Super Duty offers one of the most useful interiors in the class. Reviewers say that its new seats are more comfortable than the old ones, and that backseats in the SuperCab and Crew Cab models offer plenty of space, even for adults. Ford’s Work Solutions in-dash computer earns rave reviews for its functionality and convenience, and the premium King Ranch trims are outfitted like luxury sedans. Base trim levels include lots of hard plastic and vinyl, with limited standard features, but this is typical for the class. Reviewers say that even basic trims are comfortable and well laid out.
- "There's plenty of space inside the cabin, which can easily fit the top five strongest men in the world. The interior feels both plush and down to business.” -- Detroit News
- "Inside is a truly spacious and comfortable cab loaded with features, from a Productivity Screen that gives you a trailer towing checklist to an in-dash computer with Internet access and SYNC.” -- AutoWeek
- "Inside is perhaps where you notice the biggest difference between the ‘11 and last year’s truck -- materials and ergonomics are truly first rate” -- AutoGuide.com
- "The Super Duty's interior looks like it's heavy duty, and carries over the high-quality materials, finishes and general function that impressed us on the previous generation.” -- Autoblog
- "Most of the 2011 Ford F-250 Super Duty's interior carries over from the previous model, featuring a blocky, industrial theme. Compared to the offerings from Dodge and GM, the Ford's cabin is beginning to look a little long in the tooth.” -- Edmunds
- "Inside, the new Super Duty ranks a notch above the old for quality and equipment. Truck cabins don't get any nicer than when they're decked out in King Ranch trim. The 2011 KRs are the best ones yet.” -- PickupTrucks.com
Super Duty trucks can seat anywhere from two people in Regular Cab models with front bucket seats to six people in properly configured Crew Cabs. Regular Cabs are offered with either a front bench seat that holds three people or two front bucket seats. SuperCab and Crew Cab models offer a rear 60/40-split bench that seats three and a front seat that holds either two or three people. For 2011, Ford has added the comfortable F-150 seats to its Super Duty trucks, a change that reviewers agree is for the better. Base XL models come with vinyl or optional cloth seats, but upmarket trims like the $38,890 Lariat and $46,670 King Ranch include standard features like leather-appointed interiors with heated and cooled, ten-way adjustable seats. Reviewers say that the back seat in SuperCabs offer adequate, though not spacious legroom for adults, while the Crew Cab’s full size rear seat offers just as much space as a luxury sedan.
- "As with any heavy-duty pickup, the 2011 Ford F-250's elevated ride height gives the driver a commanding view of the road. All-around visibility is quite good, which is also emblematic of trucks in general.” -- Edmunds
- "The rear-seat accommodations on this crew cab are equally generous and well thought out, designed with long-haul comfort in mind.” -- PickupTruck.com
- "Back seat drivers will find car-like comfort in a limo-sized seating area that can accommodate three adults.” -- Left Lane News
- "Inside, the seats provide plenty of soft leather and cushioning, but won't lull you to sleep on a long drive.” -- Motor Trend
The automotive press unanimously raves about Ford’s Work Solutions in-dash computer system, which includes software to track down tools, a mobile Wi-Fi hotspot, a Crew Chief program that allows the boss to keep track of his team and even a printer. Lower-end trim levels include easy-to-clean hard plastics and only the most basic features. The base F-250 XL includes air conditioning, a tilt and telescopic steering wheel, vinyl seats and an AM/FM radio. However, putting up the extra $18,000 for the top-of-the-line King Ranch can get you a truck outfitted like a luxury sedan, with standard adjustable pedals, ten-way adjustable heated and cooled leather front seats, Ford’s lauded SYNC infotainment system, and rear parking sensors.
- "The new gauge cluster and productivity screen are probably the highlight, offering more data and information (radio, powertrain, fuel economy, temperatures, etc.) than ever before.” -- Automobile Magazine
- "We think that driver information systems like this computer and Ford Work Solutions will spark some of the biggest innovations in pickups over the next decade. Timely knowledge provided by these computers will coach drivers and fleet managers to get the most out of their pickups to help save time and money and improve fuel economy.” -- PickupTrucks.com
- “The driver information screen was intimidating at first, but toggling through the options and selecting the display you want is actually very easy-just push the directional keys on the steering wheel and select ‘OK.’“ -- Motor Trend
Reviewers are impressed with the amount of storage features inside the Super Duty, especially in Crew Cab models. Two lockable storage bins are appropriate for firearm transport. Behind the first row of seats in Super Cab models there is a maximum 39.5 cubic feet of cargo space. Crew Cab models offer 58.6 cubic feet with the rear seats folded.
- "In models with rear seats, flipping up the bottom cushion reveals a new cab-wide, lockable storage area. Accessing the storage, however, revealed how much easier the GM pickup rear-seat cushions flip up. The former requires two hands (one to flip after the other flips a lever), while the latter is a true one-handed operation.” -- Autoblog
- "The front seating area is dominated by a large, lockable storage bin, large enough for a laptop, notebook or binder, and there are provisions for hanging folders.” -- PickupTruck.com
- "The only thing missing was a second glove box, a feature other pickups offer and a great place to keep a gun -- as long as it is registered and you possess a concealed weapons permit (state laws do apply). There is, however, lockable storage under the second-row seat, a feature hunters will greatly appreciate.” -- Detroit News
Next Steps: Ford Super Duty
To get local pricing, enter your zip code: Get Best Price Cancel
- Search used Ford Super Duty for sale (64 listings)
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See Heavy Duty Pickup Trucks rankings