2009 Ford Taurus X Interior
This interior review was written when the 2009 Ford Taurus X was new.
Critics appreciate the Taurus X's three row seating arrangement, though some say the dash design is dated.
- "A variety of seating configurations can accommodate up to seven" Cars.com
- "The Taurus X's cabin is generally a nice place to sit, especially for first- and second-row passengers." Edmunds
The Taurus X, in all trim levels, offers two different seating configurations. With standard second-row captain's chairs, the cabin accommodates six passengers. With an optional second-row split bench seat, however, the cabin can accommodate seven.
- "Probably the single greatest upgrade in the Taurus X is the power-fold middle seats. With just the touch of a button, access to the third row is made painless." Mother ProofCars.com
- The adjustable second-row seats "provide more legroom for third-row passengers. . . Adults in the third row are presented with a high floor and just-OK legroom, but it's still fairly comfortable and fully usable for children and teenagers." Edmunds
All Taurus X models come standard with air-conditioning, a power adjustable driver's seat, an in-dash CD player and a leather-wrapped steering wheel, while higher trim levels feature dual-zone climate control and a stereo with MP3 compatibility. Optional features include a DVD entertainment system, a navigation system and Ford's SYNC infotainment system.
- SYNC "makes the rest of the Taurus X's control layout seem dated, but families should find its capabilities useful just the same." Edmunds
The Taurus X offers 15.8 cubic feet of storage space behind the third row. With the third row folded flat, it offers 47 cubic feet. With both the second and third rows folded flat, cargo space increases to 85.5 cubic feet.
- "The third-row seat is my favorite feature by far. The 50/50 split allows you to arrange and organize at a moment's notice with just a couple of pushes and pulls. It's so easy, during a recent video shoot another mom-reviewer claimed to enjoy it so much she wanted nothing more than to fold and unfold the seats all day." Mother Proof
- There is "plenty of storage space and cupholders can be found throughout." Edmunds