Ford Taurus Interior
Most reviewers are impressed with the 2015 Ford Taurus’ classy interior, saying that even the cabin’s hard plastics are well-made. Reviewers agree that the front seats are spacious, but they’re divided on the roominess of the rear seats. Some critics find the Taurus’ available infotainment system to be sluggish and difficult to use. Still, test drivers credit the Taurus for having one of the largest trunks in the class.
- "Inside, the dashboard features an attractive dual-cowl design rendered in high-quality plastics." -- Left Lane News
- "The Taurus features an attractive passenger cabin with an upscale look and feel, an effect that's enhanced by the availability of options like massaging front seats and a heated steering wheel." -- Edmunds
- "The Taurus' functionality and backseat are overshadowed, however, by the antiquated and messy aesthetics of the front of the cabin. An abundance of black plastic surfaces gives this brand-new vehicle the look of a gently used rental car." -- Cars.com (2014)
- "The 2014 Ford Taurus is a big, heavy, full-size sedan that offers plenty of interior and cargo space." -- Automobile Magazine (2014)
Ford Taurus Pictures
The Ford Taurus seats five and comes standard with six-way power-adjustable front seats. Leather upholstery, 10-way power-adjustable front seats, heated and cooled front seats, multicontour massaging front seats, heated rear seats, power-adjustable pedals, a power rear window sunshade, a leather- or wood-trimmed steering wheel and a heated steering wheel are available. According to critics, the 2015 Taurus has good room for those in the front seats. However, when it comes to the rear-seat room, test drivers’ opinions are split, with some saying it’s roomy and others saying the space is cramped. Reviewers appreciate that the Taurus’ cabin has good sound-deadening materials that keep the cabin quiet.
- "The 2015 Ford Taurus interior isn't as roomy as you might expect when you see its full-size-sedan exterior bulk. While equipped with five seatbelts, the Taurus is definitely more suitable for four adults over long distances.” -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Ford recently spent a great deal of time reducing noise levels with the use of extra insulation and baffles, so occupants can be assured of a quiet ride." -- Left Lane News
- "One design quirk of the Taurus is that its thick roof pillars, high beltline and tall center console can make the otherwise roomy cabin feel less spacious than it actually is. Outward visibility is also poor. Both front and rear seats offer generous head- and legroom. ..." -- Edmunds
- "Overall, the car's biggest sore spot is the rear seat. It's not as roomy or comfortable as the car's large exterior dimensions would suggest." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
The 2015 Ford Taurus comes standard with a rearview camera, a six-speaker audio system, Ford’s voice-activated SYNC system with Bluetooth and a USB port, an auxiliary input, MyKey and a keyless entry keypad. Available features include a 12-speaker Sony audio system, the MyFord Touch infotainment system with an 8-inch touch screen, a power moonroof, dual-zone automatic climate control, navigation, satellite radio, rear parking sensors, blind spot monitoring, cross traffic alert, adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning, lane keep assist, active park assist, remote start, proximity key and push-button start.
The available MyFord Touch infotainment system is used to control climate, audio and navigation settings, and many reviewers complain that the system is complicated, slow to respond to user inputs and can be distracting to use while driving. However, some note that despite the system’s obstacles, it’s still improved when compared with the infotainment systems found in previous models.
- "The available MyFord Touch system, which consists of a large touchscreen, a pair of smaller driver-configurable displays flanking the gauge cluster, steering-wheel-mounted buttons and voice controls adds a high-tech element. That said, trying to hit the touchscreen's virtual ‘buttons’ while on the move can be frustrating and the entire system can take a while to get the hang of." -- Edmunds
- "MyFord Touch also replaces conventional sound system knobs and buttons with a center-mounted eight-inch touchscreen, dual 4.2-inch displays in the instrument cluster and touch-sensitive controls in the center stack. Many consumers report that the system is a ‘love it or hate it’ item, so those interested in the Taurus are advised to try before they buy." -- Left Lane News
- "While Ford and Microsoft have theoretically improved the MyFord Touch system, there's still a general lag in touch-response time, not to mention the cluttered and confusing interface that's impossible to interact with without removing your eyes from the road. If my $200 iPhone can react instantaneously when I touch it, a $35,000 car with touch-screen technology should be at least as quick and easy to use." -- Cars.com (2014)
- "Meanwhile, the MyFord Touch system that controls everything from climate to navigation and radio tuning is simpler to use, yet still requires patience to figure out." -- Kelley Blue Book (2013)
With 20.1 cubic feet of trunk space, the 2015 Ford Taurus has more cargo space than nearly every car in the class. Test drivers report that the Taurus’ wide trunk opening and deep floor make it easy to load a lot of cargo.
- "… the 20.1-cubic-foot trunk is pretty much the biggest you can find in any sedan." -- Edmunds
- "The 20.1 cubic feet of trunk space in the Taurus was the most voluminous in our Challenge thanks to the Taurus' recessed floor. It allowed a shocking 10 golf bags to be piled in. Hockey sticks, backpacks, sleeping bags and Costco runs can all be swallowed without so much as a burp from the Taurus." -- Cars.com (2014)
- "The trunk is wide and deep, with an opening large enough to accommodate fairly substantial cargo." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
Next Steps: Ford Taurus
- View the best prices for the 2015 Ford Taurus
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Ford Taurus
- Search used Ford Taurus for sale (10,650 listings)
- See Affordable Large Cars rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals