2007 GMC Acadia Recalls & Reliability
There have been 4 safety recalls issued from NHTSA.
STRUCTURERecall Date: 06/30/2015
- Summary: General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2008-2012 Buick Enclave vehicles manufactured January 3, 2007, to February 29, 2012, 2009-2012 Chevrolet Traverse vehicles manufactured July 6, 2008, to February 29, 2012, 2007-2012 GMC Acadia vehicles manufactured September 15, 2006, to February 29, 2012, and 2007-2010 Saturn Outlook vehicles manufactured August 17, 2006, to March 18, 2010. The affected vehicles, equipped with the power liftgate option, have gas struts that hold the power liftgate up when open. These struts may prematurely wear and the open liftgate may suddenly fall.
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 686,287
- Consequence: If the open liftgate unexpectedly falls, it may strike a person, increasing their risk of injury.
- Remedy: GM will notify owners, and dealers will update the software for the power liftgate actuator motor control unit so that the motor will prevent the rapid closing of the lift gate, free of charge. Owners were mailed interim notices on August 3, 2015. Owners will receive a second notice when remedy parts become available. Owners may contact Buick customer service at 1-800-521-7300, Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020, GMC customer service at 1-800-462-8782, and Saturn customer service at 1-800-553-6000. GM's number for this recall is 15240.
- Notes: Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 15V415000
ELECTRICAL SYSTEMRecall Date: 08/27/2008
- Summary: GM IS RECALLING 857,735 MY 2006-2008 BUICK LUCERNE; CADILLAC DTS; HUMMER H2; MY 2007-2008 CADILLAC ESCALADE, ESCALADE ESV, ESCALADE EXT; CHEVROLET AVALANCHE, SILVERADO, SUBURBAN, TAHOE; GMC ACADIA, SIERRA, YUKON, YUKON XL, SATURN OUTLOOK; AND MY 2008 BUICK ENCLAVE VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH A HEATED WIPER WASHER FLUID SYSTEM. A SHORT CIRCUIT ON THE PRINTED CIRCUIT BOARD FOR THE WASHER FLUID HEATER MAY OVERHEAT THE CONTROL-CIRCUIT GROUND WIRE.
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 857735
- Consequence: THIS MAY CAUSE OTHER ELECTRICAL FEATURES TO MALFUNCTION, CREATE AN ODOR, OR CAUSE SMOKE INCREASING THE RISK OF A FIRE.
- Remedy: DEALERS WILL INSTALL A WIRE HARNESS WITH AN IN-LINE FUSE FREE OF CHARGE. THE MANUFACTURER HAS NOT YET PROVIDED AN OWNER NOTIFICATION SCHEDULE. OWNERS MAY CONTACT BUICK AT 1-866-608-8080; CADILLAC AT 1-800-982-2339 OR HTTP://WWW.CADILLAC.COM; CHEVROLET AT 1-800-630-2438; SATURN AT 1-800-972-8876 OR HTTP://WWW.SATURN.COM, GMC AT 1-866-996-9436; OR HUMMER AT 1-800-732-5493; OR AT MYGMLINK, HTTP://WWW.GM.COM/RECALL.
- Notes: GM RECALL NO. 08048. CUSTOMERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 08V441000
VISIBILITY:WINDSHIELD WIPER/WASHER:LINKAGESRecall Date: 08/06/2008
- Summary: GM IS RECALLING 88,809 MY 2008 BUICK ENCLAVE, AND MY 2007-2008 GMC ACADIA AND SATURN OUTLOOK VEHICLES CURRENTLY OR PREVIOUSLY REGISTERED IN THE FOLLOWING STATES: ALASKA, COLORADO, CONNECTICUT, DELAWARE, IDAHO, ILLINOIS, INDIANA, IOWA, MAINE, MARYLAND, MASSACHUSETTS, MICHIGAN, MINNESOTA, MONTANA, NEBRASKA, NEW HAMPSHIRE, NEW JERSEY, NEW YORK, NORTH DAKOTA, OHIO, PENNSYLVANIA, RHODE ISLAND, SOUTH DAKOTA, UTAH, VERMONT, WEST VIRGINIA, WISCONSIN, WYOMING, AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA. IF A BUILDUP OF SNOW OR ICE ON THE WINDSHIELD OR ON THE WIPERS RESTRICTS THE MOVEMENT OF THE WIPER ARM, THE WINDSHIELD WIPER LINKAGE MAY BECOME DETACHED FROM THE MOTOR SHAFT AND THE WIPERS MAY BECOME INOPERATIVE.
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 88809
- Consequence: IF THIS WERE TO OCCUR, DRIVER VISIBILITY COULD BE REDUCED, WHICH COULD RESULT IN A VEHICLE CRASH.
- Remedy: DEALERS WILL INSTALL A NEW WIPER CRANK ARM, DRIVER'S SIDE LINK, AND A CRANK ARM NUT. THE RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING OCTOBER 2008. OWNERS MAY CONTACT BUICK AT 1-866-608-8080, GMC AT 1-866-996-9463, SATURN AT 1-800-972-8876, OR AT MYGMLINK AT HTTP://WWW.GM.COM/RECALL.
- Notes: GM RECALL NO. 08091. CUSTOMERS MAY CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153); OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 08V410000
AIR BAGS:FRONTAL:SENSOR/CONTROL MODULERecall Date: 02/21/2007
- Summary: ON CERTAIN VEHICLES, THE SENSING AND DIAGNOSTIC MODULE (SDM), WHICH CONTROLS THE FUNCTION OF FRONT AIR BAGS, MAY NOT OPERATE PROPERLY. AS A RESULT, THE FRONT AIR BAGS MAY FAIL TO DEPLOY IN A FRONTAL CRASH. ALSO, THE AIR BAG WARNING LAMP ON THE INSTRUMENT PANEL MAY FAIL TO PROVIDE WARNING THAT THE SYSTEM IS INOPERATIVE.
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 13032
- Consequence: IN THE EVENT OF A CRASH, THIS CONDITION COULD INCREASE THE RISK OF INJURY TO OCCUPANTS IN THE FRONT SEAT.
- Remedy: DEALERS WILL REPROGRAM THE SDM COMPUTER MODULE. THIS RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN ON OR ABOUT FEBRUARY 22, 2007. OWNERS MAY CONTACT GMC AT 1-866-966-9463 OR SATURN AT 1-800-972-8876.
- Notes: GM RECALL NO. 07034. CUSTOMERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 07V062000
The Acadia comes with GM's three-year/36,000-mile basic warranty. In addition to the basic warranty, the Acadia comes with a five-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty, five-year/100,000-mile roadside assistance, and six-year/100,000-mile rust/corrosion warranty.
Reviewers' experiences attest to the quality of the SUV's build. Says AutoWeek: "The biggest feeling I came away with from this truck was that it's substantial. No rattles, nothing felt loose--in fact, everything felt pretty tight." USA TODAY comments on the fact that the Acadia probably won't require much maintenance: "Spark plugs are good for 105,000 miles. Transmission fluid and engine coolant shouldn't need attention for 100,000 miles. Check around. You'll be surprised how many vehicles still recommend spark-plug changes and fluid replacement sooner."
Warranty information last updated: 5/2/08