GMC Acadia Interior
As outlined in our Interior Overview, the Acadia's cabin is spacious and upscale, though still not quite as luxurious as the Buick Enclave. However, its major advantage is a third row that is comfortable enough for adults.
- "Inside, the 2008 GMC Acadia is roomy, versatile and utilizes high-quality materials." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Inside, everyone rests on well-cushioned seats, and the interior of the test Acadia was as quiet as a car. There wasn't even much wind noise at highway speeds." --MSN
- "Though there are few padded surfaces, bright accents and richly grained plastics give the interior an inviting look." -- Consumer Guide
- "The seats are very comfortable, something I think GM has made major improvements on over the years, and the truck was relatively quiet." -- AutoWeek
The Acadia's three rows of seating accommodate seven with two captain's chairs in the second row, or eight with a three-person bench. The third row is especially spacious for the class and a second-row sliding mechanism makes getting to it a cinch.
- "Width of the Acadia is 78.9 inches, wide for this class, which helps to explain the ample elbow room." -- Orlando Sentinel
- "The third-row seats in the Acadia are roomy and bolstering on the seat backs makes extended journeys comfortable. Access to the rear seats is extremely easy thanks to a clever mechanism that slides the second-row seats out of the way." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Plenty of head and leg room. The seats are generally supportive and comfortable, though shorter drivers may find the seat cushions too long. With the 2nd row slid forward, the 3rd row can accommodate six footers --though they'll ride knees-up. Toe room can be tight in either row." -- Consumer Guide
- "Acadia can seat up to eight people and its third-row seat can accommodate adults with ease." -- Edmunds
The 2008 GMC Acadia is well-regarded for its interior features and materials quality. The dashboard controls also get few complaints.
The Acadia gets one complimentary year of OnStar, which includes turn-by-turn, voice-guided navigation services. But there are great portable navigation options available as well. Check out our GPS reviews to learn about the best portable navigation devices.
- "Standard equipment on the SLE includes air conditioning; cruise control; tilt and telescope steering wheel; heated, outside mirrors; power windows and door locks; OnStar; four-way, manual adjustable driver's seat; AM/FM/compact disc player; auto-on headlamps; daytime running lights; rear window wiper and seven-passenger seating." -- New Car Test Drive
- "GMC offers a variety of convenience and luxury features for the Acadia. Dual sunroofs and a rear entertainment system make the drive more enjoyable and, unlike with some vehicles, can be ordered together." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The upgraded Bose sound system is excellent." -- Orlando Sentinel
- "Day or night, Acadia's luminous gauges are easy to read. The optional head-up display projects vehicle speed and other readings on the windshield. The audio controls are easy to reach." -- Consumer Guide
The Acadia offers more cargo space than most other affordable midsize SUVs. Plenty of storage spaces for small items are the icing on the cake.
- "Folding both rows flat opens nearly 120 cubic feet of space, a third more cargo capacity than is possible in the Pilot, and nearly 50 percent more than in the Toyota [Highlander]. The Acadia has more cargo room than the larger, heavier Yukon." -- New York Times
- "Behind the third-row seats is an impressive 19.7 cubic feet of cargo space and, with second and third-row seats folded flat, cargo room expands to 116.9 cubic feet. The interior's usability is enhanced with numerous cup holders, storage spaces and additional storage beneath the rear cargo area." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Acadia's cargo volume is largest among midsize SUVs, rivaling that of many large SUVs. More usable space behind raised 3rd-row seat than in most midsize SUVs, plus an underfloor bin. There's more usable space behind the raised 3rd-row seat than in most midsize SUVs, plus an underfloor bin." -- Consumer Guide
- "There are plenty of storage areas -- including a large center bin that can swallow just about anything..." -- Cars.com