GMC Canyon Interior
According to auto journalists, the 2015 GMC Canyon's interior is one of the most luxurious in the class, with first-rate materials that are attractive, yet sturdy enough for use in a truck. They say the crew cab has ample rear-seat space for adults to sit comfortably and that the cabin is very quiet.
- "The end result of all of these changes is that the interior is more like a crossover than a traditional pickup, yet the materials are durable for those who will use the truck for work." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The GMC Canyon can be optioned with the most luxurious interior available in the midsize pickup segment." -- Truck Trend
- "As I alluded to above, the interior of this all-boxes-ticked GMC is a pretty excellent place to drive in." -- Autoblog
- "Inside, the Canyon's ruggedness is toned down in favor of a more elegant cockpit largely inspired by the world of crossovers." -- Left Lane News
- "Interior design, as reflected in the Colorado and Canyon's functionality, material quality and space, is another area where GM's trucks have it all over the competition." -- Forbes
GMC Canyon Pictures
GMC Canyon models with an extended cab seat four and those with a crew cab seat five. The base Canyon comes standard with vinyl seats, while cloth or leather upholstery is available. A power-adjustable driver’s seat is standard, and a power-adjustable passenger seat and heated front seats are available. According to reviewers, the Canyon's front seats are very supportive, and the cabin is quiet and isolated from outside noise. As with other trucks in the class, reviewers write that the rear seats in extended cab models are not big enough for adults to ride comfortably, but those in the crew cab offer plenty of space for adults.
- "Interior space is great and doesn't by any means feel cramped. That is, of course, unless you're a fullsize adult attempting to sit in the back of the extended cab, then things get a bit tight." -- Truck Trend
- "Features like triple-sealed doors help give the Canyon a quiet, comfortable ride." -- Left Lane News
- "With three inches of additional legroom versus the competition, along with flexible seating that allows for flip-up and fold-flat rear seats, the crew cab models offer realistic and comfortable space for four adults." -- Forbes
- "The attractive bucket seats offer good support, and they certainly take the edge off coarser road inputs." -- Edmunds
Standard features on the 2015 Canyon include a rearview camera and a USB port. A seven-speaker Bose audio system, Bluetooth, automatic climate control, forward collision alert, lane departure warning, navigation and GMC's IntelliLink infotainment system with an 8-inch touch screen are optional.
Some reviewers report that the IntelliLink system is easy to operate, though other critics remark that accessing some audio functions requires multiple steps. Reviewers say that all of the center stack controls are within close reach, and they appreciate that all of the infotainment controls are distinct from those for the climate settings.
- "The Canyon's instrument pod is more stylized than that of the Colorado, but it's no less functional. GMC's 8-inch IntelliLink screen occupies a prominent and easy-to-reach spot in the middle of the dash, and the buttons and knobs that control it are clearly separated from the climate control array that sits a respectful distance below." -- Edmunds
- "The audio system is mounted high within easy reach; volume and tuning are by separate knobs, with band and station selection done through the screen. Like many such systems, some operations that used to be 'one touch' simple now require multiple steps. Climate controls are likewise easy to reach, but are even easier to use." -- Consumer Guide
All 2015 Canyon models are available with a 6-foot-2-inch cargo bed, and crew cabs are also available with a 5-foot-2-inch bed. The Canyon comes standard with a locking tailgate. According to test drivers, you can put 8-foot long cargo in the 6-foot-2-inch bed without it extending past the length of the lowered tailgate. Others add that there is a useful amount of storage space inside the cabin.
- "For more practicality, the bed can be split into upper and lower sections thanks to a standard two-tier loading system." -- Left Lane News
- "The bed looks good, primarily because it's so deep: 2 more inches, according to GM. A long tailgate makes for a longer platform length when it's folded down, which is how 8-foot lumber can fit in the 6-foot 2-inch bed without hanging over." -- Edmunds
- "Interior storage space is quite good." -- Consumer Guide
Next Steps: GMC Canyon
- View the best prices for the 2015 GMC Canyon
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 GMC Canyon
- Search used GMC Canyon for sale (776 listings)
- See Compact Pickup Trucks rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals