GMC Terrain Interior
According to test drivers, the 2015 GMC Terrain's cabin has a classy look and is constructed with first-rate materials. Some note that the Denali trim looks and feels particularly luxurious, with wood trim and contrast stitching. Reviewers are also impressed with the Terrain's quiet cabin and generous rear-seat legroom.
- "Think of the 2015 GMC Terrain as the upscale cousin to the similar Chevrolet Equinox SUV. It boasts higher-quality materials and a snazzier, more luxurious interior design that includes satin metal trim and 2-tone leather." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "With high-quality surfaces, flowing lines across the dashboard and a lengthy standard equipment list that includes a 7-inch touchscreen and a rearview camera across the board, the GMC's interior accommodations set it apart from competitors." -- Edmunds (2014)
- "Inside, the Denali has a nice looking soft-touch dash pad, a wood-trimmed steering wheel, a leather armrest, matching wood and leather door inserts, illuminated sills and the obligatory Denali logo embossed in the leather seats. The interior changes are as subtle as they are on the exterior, but they're nice." -- Autoblog (2013)
- "Denali is a notable step up from its siblings. Its padded dashtop, red contrast stitching, and genuine wood trim on the steering wheel give the cabin a decidedly upscale feel worthy of the model's price premium." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
GMC Terrain Pictures
The 2015 Terrain seats five and comes with cloth upholstery and sliding rear seats. Heated front seats, power-adjustable front seats and leather upholstery are available. Reviewers write that the front seats are comfortable and supportive, and many agree that the sliding rear seats enable rear passengers to have an abundance of legroom. Others mention that headroom is ample in both rows.
- "First and foremost, the Terrain delivers a comfortable and quiet ride that's well suited for daily commuting or long-distance road trips. GMC has gone to extra effort to make the Terrain's cabin as free from exterior noise as possible. A plush, well-shielded driving experience is what the majority of family-centric buyers want, and the Terrain delivers." -- AutoTrader
- "The 2015 Terrain has very roomy rear seats, which can be made even roomier thanks to eight inches of front-to-rear travel. The generous headroom means that even tall passengers can enjoy a backseat ride." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "An acoustic windshield and other noise-killing measures -- including an active noise-cancellation system for four-cylinder models -- work wonders in muting tire and wind noise, even during high-speed cruising. The front bucket seats are comfortable, and the standard sliding rear seat allows you to optimize rear-seat legroom or cargo space, depending on your needs." -- Edmunds (2014)
- "Occupants enjoy ample headroom and legroom, even beneath the sunroof housing. Supportive seats are a boon on longer trips." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
The 2015 Terrain comes standard with a rearview camera, Bluetooth, a USB port and a six-speaker audio system with a 7-inch touch-screen display. The standard OnStar subscription-based telematics system gains a 4G LTE Wi-Fi connection for 2015. Options include an eight-speaker Pioneer audio system, rear parking sensors, a rear-seat entertainment system and GMC’s IntelliLink infotainment system with navigation and smartphone app integration.
Automotive journalists note that the available IntelliLink system is intuitive, and some appreciate that the buttons on the home screen can be programmed to display features that are used frequently. Some critics write that the buttons aren't always immediately responsive to inputs. Others note that accent lighting makes it easy to find the USB port when it is dark.
- "The USB port is easy to find at night thanks to a lighted surround, and the IntelliLink touch-screen system's familiar icons are similar to those on smartphones." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The standard 7-inch color touchscreen display lends a high-tech feel to even the base model Terrain, but the IntelliLink interface (standard starting on the SLE-2 model) is a worthwhile enhancement, as it uses Bluetooth streaming audio to enable integration of smartphone apps such as Pandora and Stitcher. The on-screen menus are well organized, but the system's occasional slow or missed responses to touch inputs can be frustrating." -- Edmunds (2014)
- "GMC's IntelliLink infotainment system works well, and users have the ability to customize the home screen with frequently used items." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
- "The driver faces a well-designed dash -- its center stack of buttons is arguably the best laid-out of any GM car, and the IntelliLink touch screen interface and navigation unit are logical and easy to use." -- Automobile Magazine (2013)
The Terrain has 31.6 cubic feet of cargo space behind the back seats and 63.9 cubic feet with the rear seats folded. Some critics point out that one downside of the Terrain's spacious rear seats is compromised cargo space. They mention that the Terrain can't carry as much cargo as more cavernous rivals. On the other hand, test drivers are pleased with small-item storage in the cabin.
- "The Terrain's comfortable ride and predictable steering feel are backed up by a roomy interior, with a notably spacious rear seat. Unfortunately, the tradeoff is in cargo space, which lags many of its competitors, including the much smaller Ford Escape." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "That said, even considering the Terrain's almost-midsize footprint, it's not entirely efficient with its interior space. With the rear seats folded, the Terrain's 63.7 cubic feet of maximum cargo capacity is noticeably less than that of the Honda CR-V, Hyundai Santa Fe and Toyota RAV4." -- Edmunds (2014)
- "Interior storage is fairly generous, with a decently sized center console, glovebox, and door pockets." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
Next Steps: GMC Terrain
- View the best prices for the 2015 GMC Terrain
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 GMC Terrain
- Search used GMC Terrain for sale (7,882 listings)
- See Affordable Compact SUVs rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals