Honda Accord Hybrid Review
The 2015 Honda Accord Hybrid ranks 2 out of 19 Affordable Midsize Cars. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Honda Accord Hybrid, as well as reliability and safety data.
The 2015 Honda Accord Hybrid wows critics with its responsive powertrain, exceptional fuel economy and spacious, high-quality interior.
Reviewers say the 2015 Accord Hybrid is quick for a hybrid midsize car, and that its four-cylinder engine and electric motor produce ample power from a stop. The Accord Hybrid’s automatic transmission also earns praise for making the most of the available power. According to the EPA, the Honda Accord Hybrid gets 50/45 mpg city/highway, which is excellent for a hybrid car. Test drivers report that the Accord Hybrid has a comfortable ride, and some write that it handles with more poise than you’d expect from an affordable midsize car. Many critics say that the Accord Hybrid’s steering is accurate and well-weighted, though others write that it could provide a bit more road feel.
Auto writers agree that the 2015 Honda Accord Hybrid has a roomy and attractive cabin that’s solidly constructed with premium materials. Most appreciate the Accord Hybrid’s excellent outward visibility and remarkably spacious back seat, but some remark that the driver’s seat could be a bit more comfortable. The Accord Hybrid offers a competitive amount of trunk space for the class, but test drivers point out that a folding rear seat is not available, which limits your ability to expand the Accord Hybrid’s cargo space for bulkier items. Critics are pleased with the Accord Hybrid’s standard infotainment display, saying it provides useful details about audio and phone selections. However, some complain that the touch screen that comes standard on higher trims replaces more straightforward conventional buttons. The 2015 Accord Hybrid’s standard features include Bluetooth, a rearview camera, dual-zone automatic climate control, a USB input, an 8-inch infotainment screen, Pandora Internet radio compatibility, hands-free text messaging and a passenger side blind spot camera. Available features include a sunroof, satellite radio, a 6-inch touch-screen display with HondaLink smartphone app integration, forward collision warning, lane departure warning, navigation and adaptive cruise control.
- "With the 2015 Honda Accord Hybrid, you give up virtually nothing in return for its outstanding fuel economy rating of 47 mpg. The Accord Hybrid doesn't even cost that much more than the gasoline-only model." -- Edmunds
- "A Honda Accord Hybrid makes so much sense, you might be surprised to learn that there isn't already one on the market." -- Jean Knows Cars (2014)
- "Honda, which had fallen behind other carmakers with its hybrid models, seems to have put the right ingredients together this time, creating a high-tech sedan that comes loaded with creature comforts, safety features and an impressive drivetrain." -- Motor Trend (2014)
Other Cars to Consider
The Toyota Prius has a lower starting price than the Accord Hybrid, and it gets better fuel economy. The Prius also offers more overall cargo space than the Accord Hybrid, and reviewers like its roomy back seat.
Test drivers say the Ford Fusion Hybrid has a roomy, stylish cabin that features comfortable front seats and premium materials. The Fusion Hybrid also has a lower starting price than the Accord Hybrid, and critics say its powertrain is impressively quiet.
Details: 2015 Honda Accord Hybrid
The 2015 Honda Accord Hybrid seats five, has front-wheel drive and comes in base, EX-L and Touring trims. A 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine and an electric motor are standard, which are paired with a continuously variable transmission (CVT). After a seven-year break, the Accord Hybrid was reintroduced for the 2014 model year and sees no major changes for 2015. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from 2014 through the current model year.
Next Steps: Honda Accord Hybrid
- View the best prices for the 2015 Honda Accord Hybrid
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Honda Accord Hybrid
- Search used Honda Accord Hybrid for sale (30,727 listings)
- See Affordable Midsize Cars rankings