2008 Honda Accord Review
Redesigned this year, reviewers describe the 2008 Honda Accord as a better-driving, better-looking, better-functioning family sedan that should continue to please its loyal fans, and attract some new ones. Other cars might feature nicer interiors or offer better performance, but the award-winning Accord is one of the best all-around packages in this class. And if you're in need of the space a family sedan provides but afraid of the repercussions at the gas pump, the Accord is one of the strongest values in its class, with admirable fuel efficiency.
Car and Driver named the 2008 Accord one of its 10Best for 2008, an honor the sedan has received a record 22 times. Kiplinger magazine recognizes the 2008 Accord as a "Best in Class" winner for sedans priced between $25,000 and $30,000. The 2008 Accord was also honored as Motor Week's Best Family Sedan, ' Best Pick of 2008 in the Family Sedan category, and Road and Travel Magazine's Sedan of the Year and International Car of the Year.
For 2008, Honda has increased its mainstay's engine power, upgraded its interior and redesigned the exterior.
- "For now…the Accord reigns as the best of the best -- the benchmark." -- Motor Trend
- "The benchmark by which other midsize sedans are judged in the 32 years since it debuted in the United States." -- Detroit Free Press
- "Honda folks could be forgiven if, in a moment of weakness, they took their eyes off the ball and let the all-new 2008 model slide by with minimal changes. Not a chance. … Everything about the new model is larger or better." -- AutoWeek
- "Most will like the Accord's improved styling, additional space and better performance. I certainly did." -- Detroit News
- "Our Best Family Sedan is a multi-time winner. … The all-new 2008 Accord offers more sophisticated styling, with a larger cabin boasting more room than rivals. The Accord also packs more power under the hood, while sacrificing little economy, and exhibits higher levels of refinement. Yet it can still be had for a price that fits the average family budget." -- Motor Week
- "Honda did a sweet job on the overhaul. The combination of pleasant driving, practicality and refinement probably is unmatched among mainstream sedans." -- USA Today