2008 Honda Accord Recalls & Reliability
There have been 2 safety recalls issued from NHTSA.
POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION:CONTROL MODULE (TCM, PCM)Recall Date: 08/03/2011
EQUIPMENTRecall Date: 11/09/2009
Our reliability score is based on the J.D. Power and Associates Vehicle Dependability Study (VDS) rating or, if unavailable, the J.D. Power Predicted Reliability rating.
|Feature & Accessory Dependability|
|Body & Interior Dependability|
1These scores come from consumer ratings of their vehicles after three years of ownership.
- Among The Best
- Better Than Most
- About Average
- The Rest
J.D. Power and Associates Power Circle Ratings do not include all information used to determine J.D. Power and Associates awards. See JDPower.com for more information on Power Circle Ratings. Your experience may vary.
All information provided by J.D. Power and Associates is proprietary information owned by J.D. Power and Associates and is protected by U.S. and international copyright law and conventions. Reproduction of this information, in whole or in part, by any means is prohibited without the express written consent of J.D. Power and Associates, other than printing copies of the J.D. Power and Associates content by site visitors for their personal use. J.D. Power and Associates® is a registered trademark of J.D. Power and Associates.
The 2008 Honda Accord provides a three-year or 36,000 mile bumper-to-bumper limited warranty, as well as a five-year or 60,000 mile powertrain limited warranty. Corrosion protection is provided for the first five years, regardless of mileage.
Honda has a consistent record for selling reliable vehicles, and the 2007 model received very good marks for its predicted reliability. Consumer Guide rates the 2008 Accord as a Best Buy, but reports a few mechanical issues with previous Accords, including issues that range from defective sunroofs to the spontaneous activation of engine or brake warning lights. Still, reviews uphold Honda's reputation for reliability.
- "Who should buy this car: A person looking for a reasonably priced mid-sized extra roomy sedan with a comfortable interior, and bullet-proof reliability." -- The Family Car
- "It adds up to one more in a terrific line of cars that have captured a record 22 10 Best trophies since we started awarding them in 1983." -- Car and Driver
- "What hasn't changed in the 5-passenger Accord is its aura of durability and quality, which are the primary purchase reasons for those oh-so-loyal buyers." -- MSN
- "Hondas are dependable and have high resale values." -- Kiplinger
- "The Accord is a proficient automobile that will leave its owners with few complaints." -- U.S. News
- "It's clear the car remains one of the few family cars that competitors will measure themselves against, and one that consumers will use to measure other family cars. You know what athletes say: It's not boasting when you can back it up -- and the Accord does." -- Cars.com
- "As Accord buyers have long expected and demanded, it once again delivers a sweet-natured drive in a package built like a solid granite mountain range." -- Popular Mechanics
- "With styling and performance that splits the difference between the sportier Nissan Altima and softer Toyota Camry, the Honda Accord embodies the very balance that attracts so many buyers to the midsize sedan segment in the first place. In terms of all-around quality and refinement, the Accord registers off the chart." -- Kelley Blue Book
Warranty information last updated: 3/10/09