Honda Accord Interior
Automotive journalists report that the 2015 Honda Accord’s interior features upscale materials, solid build quality and simple, attractive styling. The sedan’s roomy back seat and straightforward audio and climate controls also earn praise from critics.
- "During our interior evaluation, we immediately felt an upscale vibe that didn't exist in the previous Accord." -- AutoTrader
- "With a few exceptions, the materials in the 2015 Honda Accord have a high-quality look and feel. The overall design is elegant, and the cabin's tight construction gives a much stronger impression than you'd expect from a workaday family car." -- Edmunds
- "Step into the latest Honda Accord, and its 5-passenger cabin will feel familiar yet sophisticated. The familiar part comes from its roominess, excellent outward vision and easy-to-reach controls." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "This latest Accord might not set the standard for style in the segment the way the Kia Optima does, but its cabin is undeniably a comfortable place to whittle away the miles." -- Left Lane News (2013)
Honda Accord Pictures
The 2015 Honda Accord sedan and coupe both seat five and come with cloth upholstery. Available features include leather upholstery and power-adjustable heated front seats. Most test drivers say the Accord’s front seats are roomy and supportive, and the sedan’s rear seats are among the most spacious in the class. Reviewers write that the coupe’s rear seats are snug, but comfortable enough for short trips.
- "The front seats are supportive and comfortable. Rear seats in the sedan are roomy for two adults (three in a pinch) and - not surprisingly - tighter in the coupe." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The front seats are firm and highly supportive, while rear passengers in the sedan will at least be as comfortable as they were in the outgoing model's palatial back seat; in fact, rear legroom has somehow increased by an inch. The coupe's rear quarters are predictably tighter, but two adults can squeeze back there for short- to medium-length trips." -- AutoTrader
- "The sedan's backseat is one of the best in this class, thanks to its combination of space and comfort." -- Edmunds
- "Accommodations are pleasant, with supportive leather-covered seats. This 5-10.5-foot-tall driver had plenty of leg room behind the tilt-telescoping steering wheel; a like-sized rear passenger would have had decent stretch-out room, too. There was good head room front or back, even with the standard power moonroof, and entry and exit from any of the four doors is unencumbered." -- Consumer Guide (2014)
The 2015 Honda Accord comes standard with dual-zone automatic climate control, a rearview camera, Bluetooth, a USB port, hands-free text messaging, a four-speaker audio system and an infotainment system with an 8-inch display and Pandora integration. Available features include forward collision warning, lane departure warning, a passenger-side blind spot camera (LaneWatch), adaptive cruise control, a moonroof, navigation, push-button start and a seven-speaker audio system with a touch-screen display, satellite radio and smartphone app integration.
Reviewers are pleased with the Accord’s simple audio and climate controls, which include relatively few buttons and a large screen that displays a wide variety of useful information. However, some note that the available touch-screen audio system has complicated menus. Automotive journalists appreciate the available LaneWatch system, which uses a camera to display images in the Accord’s blind spot on the passenger side.
- "Inside, in place of the somewhat cluttered dashboard of the last-gen model is a simple and elegant design with an intuitive control layout. The button count is way down, thanks in part to a standard high-resolution eight-inch display in the center stack that includes a display for the standard rearview camera as well as Pandora internet radio compatibility and SMS text message functionality." -- Left Lane News
- "Despite the influx of technology, Honda's ergonomic leadership shines through in the ease of use that characterizes most controls." -- AutoTrader
- "At the top of the dash is the 8-inch display that offers varying levels of information and, depending on the trim level, audio and navigation interfaces. Below that, most Accords will have simple but effective audio controls, but the EX-L and above get a touchscreen interface (in addition to the top display) that relocates the controller knob underneath the climate controls. The touchscreen is sleeker looking, but you lose the traditional tactile buttons, and the menu structure can be confusing or needlessly complicated at times." -- Edmunds
- "Speaking of cameras, a feature that first appeared on the Accord is a camera built into the right-side rearview mirror. It automatically switches on whenever you activate the right turn signal, displaying an image of what otherwise would be your blind spot on the dashboard screen. Very handy. And safe." -- Consumer Guide (2014)
The 2015 Honda Accord sedan has 15.8 cubic feet of trunk space, which is on par for the class. The Accord coupe has a 13.7-cubic-foot trunk. A one-piece folding rear seat is standard in both models. Most reviewers are pleased with the size of the Accord’s trunk, but they wish it had a split-folding rear seat like most competing midsize cars.
- "At 15.8 cubic feet, the Accord sedan's trunk is about average, with the coupe's measuring in at 13.4 cubic feet. The rear seatback folds down to increase cargo capacity, but unlike that of most competitors, it is not split 60/40 for greater cargo and people-carrying versatility." -- Edmunds
- "The Accord also has something the Mazda6 lacks, and that's loads of interior and cargo space. However, while the pass through space is big, we continue to wonder why Honda won't make the move to a split-back rear seat." -- Kelley Blue Book (2014)
- "The folding backseat remains the biggest disappointment - it folds in a single piece rather than the 60/40 split other cars boast, allowing a passenger to sit in back when carrying longer cargo." -- Cars.com (2013)
Next Steps: Honda Accord
- View the best prices for the 2015 Honda Accord
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Honda Accord
- Search used Honda Accord for sale (30,727 listings)
- See Affordable Midsize Cars rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals