Honda Accord Review
The 2015 Honda Accord ranks 2 out of 18 Affordable Midsize Cars. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Honda Accord, as well as reliability and safety data.
The 2015 Honda Accord has crisp handling, a spacious back seat and good fuel economy, according to reviewers.
A four-cylinder engine comes standard in the 2015 Honda Accord and critics say it delivers powerful acceleration and good passing muscle on the highway. They note the optional V6 engine makes the Accord feel especially swift. A six-speed manual transmission is standard on the base Honda Accord; test drivers say the optional automatic transmission is pleasantly responsive when mated to the four-cylinder engine. According to the EPA, the 2015 Accord LX sedan gets 27/36 mpg city/highway with the automatic transmission, which is very good for the class. The Accord’s composed ride impresses most test drivers, as does its agility around corners. However, a few are disappointed with its numb steering.
The 2015 Honda Accord is available in two body styles: sedan and coupe. The Accord's interior is well-constructed, appealingly styled, and made with high-end materials, reviewers say. They especially like its user-friendly audio and climate controls. Critics find the rear seat particularly roomy in the sedan but note it only folds down in one piece. They report that most of the Accord’s rivals have a split-folding rear seat, which allows them to accommodate rear-seat passengers and long cargo items. Standard features include a USB port, Bluetooth, hands-free text messaging, a rearview camera, dual-zone automatic climate control and an infotainment system with an 8-inch display and Pandora integration. Available features include leather upholstery, power-adjustable heated front seats, a moonroof, navigation, adaptive cruise control, forward collision warning, lane departure warning, a passenger-side blind spot camera, push-button start and a seven-speaker audio system with satellite radio and a touch-screen display.
+"The 2015 Honda Accord earns top honors in the midsize sedan class with its well-rounded mix of excellent packaging, superb fuel economy and rewarding performance." -- Edmunds
- "For many buyers, the Honda Accord is the default choice for a midsize sedan. It's easy to understand why - between a generous level of standard equipment, excellent mileage, novel technology features and a reputation for reliability, the Accord has a great deal to offer." -- Left Lane News
- "Is the Accord the midsize sedan to beat? We wouldn't go that far. There's just too much parity in this segment right now, with seemingly every automaker offering a compelling product, but the Accord has certainly caught up to the pack, and it's nice to see Honda's stalwart once again fighting its way to the top." -- AutoTrader
- "Today, the 2015 Honda Accord continues to set the standard in a segment that's crowded with rivals like the Toyota Camry, Ford Fusion, Chrysler 200 and Nissan Altima." -- Kelley Blue Book
Other Cars to Consider
The redesigned Subaru Legacy comes standard with all-wheel drive, and test drivers say it has composed handling and responsive steering. The Legacy’s intuitive touch-screen infotainment system and first-rate cabin materials also draw praise from auto writers.
Reviewers write that the all-new Hyundai Sonata has a serene, comfortable ride and one of the most upscale interiors in the class. Critics also appreciate the Sonata’s cavernous trunk and spacious, split-folding rear seats.
Details: 2015 Honda Accord
The 2015 Honda Accord seats five and is available in sedan and coupe body styles. The Accord sedan comes in LX, Sport, EX, EX-L, EX-L V6 and Touring trims, while the Accord coupe comes in LX-S, EX, EX-L and EX-L V6 trims. The Honda Accord Hybrid is reviewed separately. The base Accord LX sedan has a 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine, a six-speed manual transmission and front-wheel drive. An automatic transmission is optional on the base Accord, and standard on higher trims. The Accord’s last full redesign was in 2013, and since it sees no major changes for 2015, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2013 through 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Honda Accord
- View the best prices for the 2015 Honda Accord
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Honda Accord
- Search used Honda Accord for sale (30,727 listings)
- See Affordable Midsize Cars rankings