Honda CR-V Review
The 2015 Honda CR-V ranks 1 out of 19 Affordable Compact SUVs. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Honda CR-V, as well as reliability and safety data.
The 2015 Honda CR-V is ranked:
The 2015 Honda CR-V gets excellent fuel economy, and critics say it has a roomy cabin and numerous standard interior features.
With the best combination of positive reviews and long-term ownership costs in its class, the Honda CR-V is our 2015 Best Compact SUV for the Money. The CR-V isn't just a great value, however. Its safety and reliability ratings, interior space and available family-friendly features make it our 2015 Best Compact SUV for Families.
Many automotive journalists say the 2015 Honda CR-V's standard four-cylinder engine has decent punch, but some add that a few rivals offer more power. The CR-V's automatic transmission is new for 2015, and test drivers say it responds well and shifts smoothly. At an EPA-estimated 27/34 mpg city/highway, the CR-V uses less fuel than many SUVs in the class. The CR-V gets updated suspension and steering systems for 2015, and most critics agree that these revisions result in secure handling and responsive steering. However, some also write that compact SUVs like the Mazda CX-5 are more athletic when the road gets twisty.
The Honda CR-V's interior is updated for 2015, and reviewers report that it is built with higher-quality materials than the 2014 model. They add that the front seats have good space, and the CR-V has more rear-seat room than many rivals. The CR-V's cargo hold offers up to 70.9 cubic feet of space, which is more space than you'll get in most competitors. Some critics are also impressed that the CR-V comes with more standard features than many competing compact SUVs. The base CR-V comes with a rearview camera, Bluetooth, hands-free text messaging, a USB port and Pandora integration. A power moonroof, navigation, leather upholstery, heated front seats, a power-adjustable driver's seat, a 7-inch touch-screen display, a seven-speaker stereo system, satellite radio, dual-zone automatic climate control, forward collision warning with automatic braking, lane keeping assist, a passenger-side blind spot camera, push-button start and adaptive cruise control are available.
- "Back on top Honda's numerous upgrades to the popular CR-V have resulted in a compact crossover that's better positioned than ever to do battle in this competitive segment. The refreshed 2015 Honda CR-V checks all the boxes for compact-crossover shoppers, and no other competitor offers such a well-rounded package as this more efficient, more refined, and better-equipped CR-V does." -- Automobile Magazine
- "Honda's CR-V is already known for its efficiency and utility and the 2015 CR-V enhances those qualities. The refreshed 2015 Honda CR-V gets a new engine and transmission aimed at further improving efficiency plus new safety, comfort and convenience features. If you're shopping for a top-shelf compact SUV, the CR-V remains one of your best bets." -- Edmunds
- "Even though the Honda CR-V lacks seductive lines and even nuances of excitement, it's one of my favorite crossover SUVs. Sure, it lacks the agility of the CX-5, or cabin refinement of a Ford Escape; but the engine, chassis and suspension are dialed in to velvet-smooth satisfaction. Top that with everyday practicality, and it's one of the highlights of Honda's lineup." -- Yahoo Autos
- "The competition will find it difficult to match the new CR-V in looks, fuel economy, feature content and safety, but where it really stands out is value for the money." -- Kelley Blue Book
Honda CR-V Pictures & Videos
Other SUVs to Consider
Reviewers agree that the Mazda CX-5’s sporty handling makes it one of the most fun-to-drive SUVs in the class. The CX-5 also earns good fuel economy estimates for the class, and test drivers praise its straightforward cabin design and high-quality interior materials.
If you like the CR-V’s roomy rear seats, consider the GMC Terrain, which reviewers say has plenty of back-seat space for adults. The Terrain also earns praise for its first-rate cabin materials, and test drivers like the strong power output and quick acceleration of the Terrain’s available V6 engine.
Details: 2015 Honda CR-V
The 2015 Honda CR-V seats five and has standard front-wheel drive and a 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine. All-wheel drive is available. A new CVT is standard in all models. The 2015 Honda CR-V comes in four trims: LX, EX and EX-L and Touring. The CR-V receives a number of updates for the 2015 model year. However, since it was last redesigned in 2012, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2012 through 2015 model years.
Research Prices: 2015 Honda CR-V
Over 50,000 car shoppers have purchased a car through the U.S. News Best Price Program. Our pricing beat the national average 86% of the time with shoppers receiving average savings of $3,221 off MSRP across vehicles. See what others paid for the Honda CR-V and get upfront pricing to make sure you don't overpay. Learn More »
Next Steps: Honda CR-V
- View the best prices for the 2015 Honda CR-V
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Honda CR-V
- Search used Honda CR-V for sale (16,924 listings)
- See Affordable Compact SUVs rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals