Honda CR-V Interior
Most automotive journalists agree that the 2014 Honda CR-V has a sophisticated, well-designed cabin. A few critics say that some of the materials could be nicer, but overall opinion of the CR-V’s interior is largely positive. Reviewers also think the CR-V has large, comfortable seats in both rows, as well as a long list of standard features.
- "We like the sophisticated overall look and feel inside the 2014 Honda CR-V, highlighted by a smartly-sculpted dash, large and bright gauges and elegant switchgear." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The CR-V's interior is less futuristic and more elegant than that of other recent Honda vehicles." -- Left Lane News
- "The logical layout of the controls is another way in which the CR-V is highly user-friendly, but the overall design is uninteresting and various plastics are subpar. Rivals like the Escape, Equinox, Santa Fe Sport and CX-5 all have interiors with a more premium look and feel." -- Edmunds
- "Inside, the CR-V's admirably large interior boasts a sleek, contemporary look with especially large storage in the center console and incorporating a standard 5-in. i-MID screen and Bluetooth connectivity." -- Road and Track (2012)
The 2014 CR-V LX and EX models come with cloth upholstery. The top EX-L model has leather-trimmed seats, heated front seats and a power-adjustable driver’s seat. Reviewers say it is easy to find a comfortable driving position in the CR-V, and that the front and rear seats both offer plenty of passenger space.
- "The 5-passenger CR-V is one of the few compacts that can actually accommodate tall adults in its rear seat as easily as up front." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "CR-V drivers enjoy a take-charge driving stance. Generous seat travel and a standard tilt and telescopic steering wheel will help drivers of all sizes find a comfortable position." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
- "There's plenty of room for adults in the backseat. Sitting directly behind the driver's seat that was in position for my 5-foot-10 frame, I had a few inches of knee room." -- Cars.com (2012)
The base 2014 CR-V comes with a backup camera and a four-speaker sound system with Bluetooth phone and audio streaming, a USB port and Pandora compatibility for iPhone users. Features on higher trims include a moonroof, dual-zone automatic climate control, satellite radio and a seven-speaker stereo.
Test drivers are impressed with the number of standard features in the CR-V, and with the CR-V’s easy-to-use controls. However, several say that the navigation system has an awkward, outdated interface.
- "Abundant tech features help the CR-V stand out, though: A rearview camera, Pandora interface, and Bluetooth phone and audio connectivity are standard equipment on all models. These are options on most competitors and, in some cases, not available at all." -- Edmunds
- "The dashboard flows downwards from either side to the center stack, which features a simple layout with relatively few buttons." -- Left Lane News
- "The navigation system itself feels dated, with a somewhat clunky interface." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
- "Honda did a mostly good job of making it easy and pleasant to use most of the controls and gauges. An exception is the optional navigation system. It's old school, with tiny buttons and a little joystick control. Hard to operate, nigh impossible wearing winter gloves." -- USA Today (2012)
The 2014 CR-V has 37.2 cubic feet of cargo space behind the second row. With the second row folded down, the cargo area expands to 70.9 cubic feet, which is better than the space found in most affordable compact SUVs. Reviewers agree that the CR-V’s rear seats, which fold almost flat with the pull of a lever, make it easy to use its large cargo area. Test drivers also like the CR-V’s spacious center console.
- "A large center console storage bin provides enough space to stow a full-size purse, while the 37.2 cubic-foot-trunk aft of the rear seats provides enough room to swallow truly bulky items." -- Left Lane News
- "In back, you'll find a useful spring-loaded auto-fold feature that allows you to fold the rear seats almost flat by gently pulling on a lever." -- Edmunds
- "Its clever 1-pull fold flat seats provide an impressively large cargo hold further validating the CR-V's claims of versatility and value." -- Kelley Blue Book