Honda CR-Z Review
The 2015 Honda CR-Z ranks 8 out of 17 Affordable Subcompact Cars. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Honda CR-Z, as well as reliability and safety data.
The 2015 Honda CR-Z is ranked:
The two-seat 2015 Honda CR-Z impresses test drivers with its agility, though they note that the interior layout is somewhat awkward.
Critics say the 2015 Honda CR-Z gets swift acceleration from its four-cylinder engine and electric motor, though they add that it lacks power at highway speeds. The standard six-speed manual transmission is fun to use, according to test drivers. The CR-Z also offers an automatic transmission. The 2015 Honda CR-Z gets up to an EPA-estimated 36/39 mpg city/highway, which is good for a subcompact car, though mediocre for a small hybrid. Test drivers agree that the CR-Z has responsive steering, strong brakes and sharper handling than many hybrid rivals.
The 2015 Honda CR-Z features a modern cabin design and user-friendly controls, according to test drivers. The CR-Z is a two-seater, and reviewers note that the seats provide ample room. However, they note that the slanted roofline and split rear window hamper rear visibility. Standard features in the 2015 Honda CR-Z include Bluetooth, automatic climate control, a rearview camera and a six-speaker audio system with a USB port. Available features include Pandora Internet radio compatibility, hands-free text messaging and a voice-controlled navigation system.
- "The Honda CR-Z is a gas-electric coupe that seeks to provide both engaging driving dynamics and hybrid fuel efficiency. It isn't entirely successful on either front, and its two-seater configuration limits practicality, but for those seeking an inexpensive, mildly sporty hybrid, it's the only choice on the market." -- Left Lane News
- "Because the CR-Z doesn't look or perform like a boring economy car, you can satisfy your need to be green without sacrificing your love of driving." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The 2014 Honda CR-Z hybrid hatchback isn't as sporty to drive as it looks, and its two-seat interior limits practicality. It's a fun city car, but there are better choices." --Edmunds (2014)
Honda CR-Z Pictures & Videos
Other Cars to Consider
The Toyota Prius c has one of the highest fuel economy ratings in the hybrid class. Test drivers appreciate how maneuverable the Prius c is in tight spaces, and they add that it has a user-friendly optional navigation system.
Though it’s not a hybrid, the Mazda3 gets excellent fuel economy for the class. Additionally, reviewers like the Mazda3’s agile handling and attractive cabin with premium materials.
Details: 2015 Honda CR-Z
The 2015 Honda CR-Z is a two-seat hatchback hybrid that’s available in base and EX trims. It comes with a 1.5-liter four-cylinder engine, an electric motor, a six-speed manual transmission and front-wheel drive. A continuously variable transmission (CVT) is available. The CR-Z hasn’t been fully redesigned since its debut in 2011 and sees no major changes for 2015. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2011 through 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Honda CR-Z
- View the best prices for the 2015 Honda CR-Z
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Honda CR-Z
- Search used Honda CR-Z for sale (521 listings)
- See Affordable Subcompact Cars rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals