Honda CR-Z Interior
Though some dislike its poor rearward visibility, auto writers note that the 2015 Honda CR-Z has a cutting-edge interior design and user-friendly controls.
- "The cabin design almost looks as if it's pulled from a spaceship, with an ultramodern instrument panel highlighted by a prominent digital speedometer encircled by an analog tachometer." -- Left Lane News
- "Where all hybrid cars have additional gauges and playful readouts to make them appear more futuristic, the 2015 Honda CR-Z hybrid's cockpit looks like something from a pseudo-sci-fi film." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The interior is an interesting blend of shapes and textures. The overall ambiance is sporty and modern, with the chrome-finish door handles lending a bit of class." -- Consumer Guide (2012)
Honda CR-Z Pictures
The 2015 Honda CR-Z seats two, and test drivers write that the CR-Z’s seats offer sufficient space for adults. However, they complain that the CR-Z’s angled roofline and split rear window hurt rearward visibility.
- "Rear visibility is considerably impaired from the bipartite rear window and sloping roofline, but a standard rearview mirror helps to take the fear out of backup maneuvers." -- Left Lane News
- "… rear visibility is problematic through the dual-panel rear glass and the bodywork that surrounds it." -- Edmunds (2014)
- "Most adults will have sufficient headroom and legroom. Be careful when raising the seat bottoms, as your head can brush the headliner in fairly short order." -- Consumer Guide (2012)
Standard features in the 2015 Honda CR-Z include a rearview camera, automatic climate control, Bluetooth and a six-speaker audio system with a CD player and USB and auxiliary inputs. Available features include a voice-controlled navigation system, Pandora Internet radio compatibility and hands-free text messaging.
Test drivers write that the Honda CR-Z’s audio and climate controls are user-friendly. They also appreciate the CR-Z’s clever gauges, which include a glowing ring that surrounds the speedometer and changes colors to indicate fuel economy. However, some note that equipping the car with the optional navigation system makes it more difficult to adjust certain audio settings.
- "… in typical Honda style all of the CR-Z's controls are logically placed and easy to operate." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "A configurable display allows you to call up other useful information, including instant and average fuel economy readings." -- Edmunds (2013)
- "We like CR-Z's ‘3D’ gauges, as well as the green-blue-red fuel-economy reminder 'halo' around the speedometer. The climate controls are convenient and simple. The navigation system is the same as that in the Fit and Honda Civic. It absorbs audio functions, which complicates some adjustments." -- Consumer Guide (2012)
The 2015 Honda CR-Z has 25.1 cubic feet of cargo space and most reviewers are satisfied with the size of the cargo area, noting that it also offers convenient covered storage bins.
- "… there's at least plenty of space for stowing cargo - 25.1 cubes to be exact, which isn't much less than some compact crossover models." -- Left Lane News
- "The front-drive CR-Z is a 2-door hatchback with room for just two people but with a pretty big cargo hold." -- Kelley Blue Book (2014)
- "A flip-down partition ahead of the main cargo area folds to create additional space, and there is some storage behind the seats, which have handy closable lids." -- Consumer Guide (2012)