Honda Civic Hybrid Interior
After giving overwhelmingly negative reviews to the interior of the 2012 Honda Civic Hybrid, some reviewers say that the 2013 Civic Hybrid has an interior that is competitive with the rest of the class. However, seat comfort, the navigation controls and the small trunk all receive criticism, even with the revisions Honda made for 2013.
- "It's not all bad, this Civic Hybrid. The interior is improved (but still subpar in terms of materials and some of the buttons on the center stack are far too small) and there's a more upscale feel to the car overall." -- AutoWeek
- "Since you'll have plenty of time to soak in the Civic's inner sanctum while trying to keep up with other slow-laners, it's a good thing it's been improved. The dash layout is a tad more conventional, and there are now better materials as well as a padded vinyl dashboard and upper-door trim." -- Car and Driver
The five-seat Honda Civic Hybrid gets mixed reviews for seat comfort. A few reviewers say the back-seat space is decent, while others complain that the front seats aren't comfortable.
- "Seats. Fronts, too much lumbar lump. Rears, not bad; just keep in mind it’s still a compact car, not a big sedan." -- USA Today (2012)
- "A decent back seat gives the Honda Civic potential as a family vehicle. However, you'll have to adjust to the tiny trunk (10.7 cubic feet of cargo volume), and as your family and children grow, you may need something a bit more functional." -- The Chicago Tribune
Standard features on the 2013 Honda Civic Hybrid include a rearview camera, Bluetooth phone connectivity with audio streaming, a USB port, steering wheel controls, a display screen and Pandora Internet radio compatibility. Features like navigation and leather seats are optional.
While reviewers applaud the Civic Hybrid's long list of standard features, some aren't as impressed with how those features operate.
- "Honda did upgrade the interior, at least, making it class competitive, but I still hate the Civic's navigation head unit with its tiny buttons, slow response and mediocre resolution." -- AutoWeek
- "Performance fun is virtually nil, but we do like the standard iPod integration, Pandora compatibility, Bluetooth hands-free calling and integrated SMS text message function that reads your texts to you and allows you to respond hands-free with select pre-composed messages." -- The Chicago Tribune
The 2013 Honda Civic Hybrid has 10.7 cubic feet of trunk space, which is small, even for a compact car. It's nearly 2 cubic feet less space than the gas-only Civic sedan. The hybrid gives up trunk space for its battery pack, and even though reviewers are aware of this, they aren't happy about it.
- "The one thing they didn't fix: the puny trunk." -- The Chicago Tribune
Next Steps: Honda Civic Hybrid
- View the best prices for the 2013 Honda Civic Hybrid
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2013 Honda Civic Hybrid
- Search used Honda Civic Hybrid for sale (30,741 listings)
- See Affordable Small Cars rankings