Honda Civic Recalls & Reliability
There has been 1 safety recall issued from NHTSA.
FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE:DELIVERY:HOSES, LINES/PIPING, AND FITTINGSRecall Date: 10/13/2008
Our reliability score is based on the J.D. Power and Associates Vehicle Dependability Study (VDS) rating or, if unavailable, the J.D. Power Predicted Reliability rating.
|Feature & Accessory Dependability|
|Body & Interior Dependability|
1These scores come from consumer ratings of their vehicles after three years of ownership.
- Among The Best
- Better Than Most
- About Average
- The Rest
J.D. Power and Associates Power Circle Ratings do not include all information used to determine J.D. Power and Associates awards. See JDPower.com for more information on Power Circle Ratings. Your experience may vary.
All information provided by J.D. Power and Associates is proprietary information owned by J.D. Power and Associates and is protected by U.S. and international copyright law and conventions. Reproduction of this information, in whole or in part, by any means is prohibited without the express written consent of J.D. Power and Associates, other than printing copies of the J.D. Power and Associates content by site visitors for their personal use. J.D. Power and Associates® is a registered trademark of J.D. Power and Associates.
Honda provides a basic warranty for the first three years or 36,000 miles for all Civics, and a powertrain warranty for five years or 60,000 miles and corrosion protection for the first five years, regardless of mileage.
- "It's expected that the new Civics will retain the reliability and quality that predecessors had. For years, the Civic has been rated one of the top small cars in initial quality by buyers in an annual J.D. Power and Associates study." -- Road & Travel Magazine
- "Long considered the standard by which all other compacts are measured, the Civic continues to lure buyers with its...unrivaled reliability and repair history and class-leading resale values." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The Civic also holds its value better than many other small cars and has a reputation for above-average reliability." -- Edmunds
- "What no competitor matches is the particular fusion of reliability, engineering, style, and value Honda brings to this market segment." -- Consumer Guide
- "Honda, history shows, builds first-rate vehicles. And every time it redesigns something, it manages to make it even better. Honda does so by sweating the details." -- MarketWatch
- "It also gets kudos for excellent reliability."-- Consumer Reports