Honda Civic Interior
The 2015 Honda Civic earns praise for its soft-touch cabin materials and attractive design. Test drivers say the Civic sedan's cabin feels well-constructed, and they note that it offers a good amount of passenger space for the class. Still, the Civic has one of the smaller trunks in the class.
- "Regardless of what you think about its design, the dash displays everything you need to know clearly and up-front, while the rest of the controls are easy to reach and use. Soft-touch materials on the instrument panel and upper door trim help give the Civic's interior a more upscale feel." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Small touches such as silver trim, and more obvious changes such as black carpeting, give the Civic's interior a more upscale appearance. More soft-touch surfaces and better material on the seats, door panels and headliner improve the look and feel, too. Still, the interior of the Civic remains simple and sturdy. All its bits are robust and well built with no extraneous items to worry about ruining or breaking." -- AutoTrader
- "Even more attention has been lavished on the Civic's interior, which now features a healthy amount of soft-touch trim and upscale plastics." -- Left Lane News
- "Materials quality is solid, and there's plenty of storage space available for your personal items." -- Edmunds
Honda Civic Pictures
The 2015 Civic sedan and coupe seat five and are available with a power-adjustable driver seat, heated front seats, a leather-wrapped steering wheel and leather upholstery. Auto journalists are pleased with the Civic's spacious and comfortable front seats, and say that outward visibility is excellent from the driver’s seat. They add that the Civic Si's front seats offer great support during spirited driving. The sedan's rear seats are spacious and comfortable, according to reviewers, however they note that the Civic coupe’s rear seats aren't as spacious as those found in some rivals, such as the Scion tC.
- "The Civic isn't a big car, but delightfully, the interior isn't small. Even tall drivers will find it roomy and comfortable in every direction. That's truly rare in small, fuel-efficient vehicles of any kind." -- AutoTrader
- "Unconventional dash aside, the Civic still offers up excellent interior space, interior storage and outward visibility." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "In the Honda Civic sedan, legroom and headroom for front passengers is competitive, while the rear-seat accommodations are excellent for this class. The rear bench is mounted high enough to provide proper thigh support for adults, and it boasts significantly more real-world legroom than key rivals like the Chevrolet Cruze and Ford Focus. The Civic coupe's rear seat, however, has noticeably less available legroom and headroom. Rival two-doors like the Elantra coupe or Scion tC are more accommodating in back." -- Edmunds
- "The seats astutely blend support and comfort. Si's seats are further bolstered for a glued-in-place feel during fast cornering. Tall occupants have no excess headroom, especially beneath the sunroof housing. Visibility is good all around -- aided by the newly standard rearview camera -- though the long dashtop shelf and sloping nose can complicate judging distance in close quarters." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
Standard features in the 2015 Civic include Bluetooth, a four-speaker audio system, a USB port and a rearview camera. Optional features include a power moonroof, proximity key, automatic climate control, a six-speaker audio system, a Display Audio system with a 7-inch touch screen, navigation and a passenger-side blind spot camera (Honda LaneWatch).
For the most part, reviewers say the Civic's available touch-screen display is responsive and easy to use, and they like that it responds to swipe and pinch inputs, much like a smartphone. However, some critics would prefer buttons and knobs to control some of the Civic's audio functions.
- "Most of the cabin's controls are well placed, but the audio controls for all but the LX and those equipped with navigation are rather annoying to use. Simply setting a radio station requires you to jockey back and forth between searching and setting. The lack of a tuning knob doesn't help matters here, nor does a rather awkward touch-slide bar for volume. The more intuitive steering-wheel-mounted audio controls help alleviate this gripe." -- Edmunds
- "The 2015 Honda Civic's Display Audio touch-screen system pairs easily with an iPhone, and includes Siri EyesFree, allowing drivers to use their Apple smartphone's voice commands even easier." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "After playing around with the system for a few minutes inside the studio, I welcomed the new display and its added functionality but didn't like the touchscreen. I missed the previous-generation physical inputs that were clearly labeled and responded instantly to actuation." -- Autoblog (2014)
- "Perhaps the greatest advancement of the new system is its gesture recognition. All the swiping, pinching, sliding and multi-tapping you do on your smartphone or tablet is recognized, and unlike certain other systems (looking at you, CUE), it works quite well." -- Motor Trend (2014)
The 2015 Civic sedan has 12.5 cubic feet of trunk space and the coupe has 11.7 cubic feet. The Civic offers less trunk space than several rivals, and while reviewers like that the trunk opening is large, some comment that the trunk lid's hinges can take up some of the useable space. The Civic has a decent amount of small-item storage in the cabin, test drivers say.
- "Honda has provided cubby holes and storage spaces just about everywhere, and everything is easy to find, too." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "A wide, tall trunk with a generous opening and low liftover highlight Civic's cargo area. However, the sickle-type trunklid hinges intrude." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
Next Steps: Honda Civic
- View the best prices for the 2015 Honda Civic
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Honda Civic
- Search used Honda Civic for sale (21,845 listings)
- See Affordable Compact Cars rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals