Honda Odyssey Review
The 2015 Honda Odyssey ranks 1 out of 7 Minivans. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Honda Odyssey, as well as reliability and safety data.
The 2015 Honda Odyssey impresses reviewers with its comfortable ride, remarkable agility and feature-filled cabin.
Test drivers agree that the 2015 Odyssey’s V6 engine provides strong acceleration in the city and on the interstate. A six-speed automatic transmission and front-wheel drive are standard. According to the EPA, the 2015 Honda Odyssey gets 19/28 mpg city/highway, which is quite good for the class. Reviewers report that the Odyssey has a comfortable ride, and they say it’s surprisingly agile for a minivan. They also appreciate the Odyssey’s responsive steering and powerful brakes.
Automotive journalists write that the 2015 Honda Odyssey’s exceptional interior build quality makes it a class standout, and most love its unique available features, like a built-in vacuum. The 2015 Odyssey has one of the most spacious cargo areas in the class, and test drivers write that the Odyssey’s seats are quite comfortable for adults, even in the third row. However, the Odyssey’s second-row seats must be removed to take full advantage of the cargo area, and some reviewers complain that they’re heavy. Standard features in the base 2015 Honda Odyssey LX include power-adjustable front seats, a rearview camera, Bluetooth, hands-free text messaging, a USB port, a seven-speaker audio system, an 8-inch color infotainment display and Pandora compatability. Available features include leather upholstery, heated front seats, power-sliding rear doors, a power liftgate, a built-in cooler, forward collision warning, lane departure warning, blind spot monitoring, a power moonroof, satellite radio, front and rear parking sensors, the HondaVAC built-in vacuum, a 12-speaker surround-sound audio system, navigation and a split-screen rear-seat entertainment system.
- "The 2015 Honda Odyssey is a top pick for minivans thanks to its versatile interior, long list of features and engaging driving dynamics." -- Edmunds
- "Obviously, the Odyssey has its functional side. The sliding doors make it easy to get in and out, even in tight parking lots, there's plenty of room for eight passengers, and cargo space is unparalleled. But the Honda Odyssey also has a fuel-efficient and powerful V6 engine, surprisingly good handing, and enough creature comforts to let you think you're behind the wheel of a luxury car, and not the quintessential family hauler." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Beneath its distinctive exterior, the Honda Odyssey is a family-friendly minivan with a flexible cabin that can be configured to seat eight passengers or haul up to 148.5 cubic feet of cargo. This practicality, along with capable handling and admirable fuel efficiency, makes the Odyssey one of the top choices in the minivan segment." -- Left Lane News (2014)
Other Minivans to Consider
The Toyota Sienna has a more powerful engine than the Odyssey, and it’s available with all-wheel drive. Reviewers write that the Sienna’s cargo area is cavernous and its seats are comfortable no matter which row you’re in.
Test drivers love the Chrysler Town & Country’s standard Stow ‘n Go second-row seats, which fold flat into the floor to expand the cargo area. Unlike most minivans, the Town & Country comes standard with a rear-seat entertainment system, and critics like the upscale ambiance of the Town & Country’s interior.
Details: 2015 Honda Odyssey
The 2015 Honda Odyssey seats up to eight and comes in five trims: LX, EX, EX-L, Touring and Touring Elite. A 3.5-liter V6 engine, six-speed automatic transmission and front-wheel drive are standard. The Honda Odyssey’s last full redesign was in 2011, and after receiving several updates last year, the Odyssey returns for 2015 with no major changes. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2011 through 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Honda Odyssey
- View the best prices for the 2015 Honda Odyssey
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Honda Odyssey
- Search used Honda Odyssey for sale (10,380 listings)
- See Minivans rankings