Honda Odyssey Review
The 2014 Honda Odyssey ranks 1 out of 7 Minivans. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Honda Odyssey, as well as reliability and safety data.
The 2014 Honda Odyssey pleases reviewers with its stellar handling, good fuel economy and large, cleverly-equipped interior.
The 2014 Honda Odyssey is powered by a V6 engine, which reviewers say provides quick acceleration. A six-speed automatic transmission is standard, and automotive journalists say that it shifts smoothly. The EPA reports that the Odyssey gets 19/28 mpg city/highway, which is very good for the class. Test drivers say the Odyssey has a comfortable ride, and they are extremely impressed with its responsive handling and sharp steering, both of which belie the minivan’s large size.
Most reviewers think the 2014 Honda Odyssey has a spacious interior with comfortable seating in all three rows and a large, flexible cargo area. Many test drivers also appreciate the Odyssey’s high-quality cabin materials and clever interior features, such as the optional integrated vacuum cleaner. Standard features in the Odyssey include cloth upholstery, power-adjustable front seats, an 8-inch color display, a rearview camera, remote keyless entry, Bluetooth phone compatibility with audio streaming, a USB port and a seven-speaker audio system. Optional features include the HondaVAC in-car vacuum, a touch screen, leather upholstery, heated front seats, blind spot monitoring, forward collision warning, lane departure warning, power sliding doors, a power tailgate, a power moonroof, tri-zone automatic climate control, push-button start, front and rear parking sensors, a rear-seat entertainment system and navigation.
- "Beneath its distinctive exterior, the Honda Odyssey is a family-friendly minivan with a flexible cabin that can be configured to seat eight passengers or haul up to 148.5 cubic feet of cargo. This practicality, along with capable handling and admirable fuel efficiency, makes the Odyssey one of the top choices in the minivan segment." -- Left Lane News
- "The 2014 Honda Odyssey is a top pick for minivans thanks to its versatile interior, long list of features and engaging driving dynamics." -- Edmunds
- "Among the gold standard for such people movers is the 2014 Honda Odyssey. Like the Nissan Quest, the Odyssey's exterior styling strays from the more traditional rounded shapes of the Toyota Sienna and Chrysler Town & Country, but inside, the Honda shines with features and functionality (yes, there's even a built-in vacuum cleaner). Add a strong yet efficient engine and outstanding safety and reliability records, and the Odyssey can win over many a minivan critic." -- Kelley Blue Book
Other Minivans to Consider
Reviewers say that the Toyota Sienna is a well-rounded minivan with a roomy, comfortable interior. The Sienna has a more powerful engine than the Odyssey, and it’s also available with all-wheel drive.
The Mazda5 is a little smaller than the Odyssey, and it’s one of the sportier choices in the segment. Test drivers agree that the Mazda5 is fun to drive, and it delivers excellent fuel economy estimates for the class.
Details: 2014 Honda Odyssey
The 2014 Honda Odyssey seats up to eight people and comes with a 3.5-liter V6 engine and front-wheel drive. The 2014 Odyssey comes in five trims: LX, EX, EX-L, Touring and Touring Elite. For 2014, all Odyssey models now come with a six-speed automatic transmission. The 2014 Odyssey also features refreshed exterior styling and new options such as an in-car vacuum (HondaVAC), a blind spot camera (LaneWatch) and forward collision warning and lane departure warning systems. Some new standard features also debut, which include Bluetooth and a power-adjustable front passenger seat. The Odyssey was fully redesigned in 2011 and many features carry over for 2014. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2011 through 2014 model years.
Next Steps: Honda Odyssey
- View the best prices for the 2014 Honda Odyssey
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2014 Honda Odyssey
- Search used Honda Odyssey for sale (8,842 listings)
- See Minivans rankings