Honda Odyssey Review
The 2015 Honda Odyssey ranks 1 out of 7 Minivans. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Honda Odyssey, as well as reliability and safety data.
Critics like the 2015 Honda Odyssey's comfortable ride, outstanding agility and feature-rich interior.
The V6 engine in the 2015 Honda Odyssey delivers powerful acceleration in town and on the highway, automotive journalists say. The Odyssey comes standard with a six-speed automatic transmission and front-wheel drive. The 2015 Odyssey earns an EPA-estimated 19/28 mpg city/highway, which is very good for the class. Reviewers report that the Odyssey has a comfortable ride, and they say it’s surprisingly agile for a minivan. They also appreciate the Odyssey’s responsive steering and powerful brakes.
The Odyssey isn't just a strong performer, it's also an award-winner. It has the best combination of interior space, safety and reliability ratings and available family-friendly features in its class, making it our 2015 Best Minivan for Families.
Test drivers report that the excellent cabin build quality of the 2015 Honda Odyssey makes it a class leader, and most appreciate the minivan's distinctive available features, such as a built-in vacuum. The 2015 Odyssey's cargo area is among the roomiest in the class, and reviewers find the Odyssey's seats very comfortable for adults, even in the third row. To take full advantage of the Odyssey's cargo area, however, the second-row seats must be removed and some reviewers say they are heavy. Standard features in the base 2015 Honda Odyssey LX include power-adjustable front seats, a rearview camera, Bluetooth, hands-free text messaging, a USB port, a seven-speaker audio system, an 8-inch color infotainment display and Pandora compatibility. Available features include leather upholstery, heated front seats, power-sliding rear doors, a power liftgate, a built-in cooler, forward collision warning, lane departure warning, blind spot monitoring, a power moonroof, satellite radio, front and rear parking sensors, the HondaVAC built-in vacuum, a 12-speaker surround-sound audio system, navigation and a split-screen rear-seat entertainment system.
- "The 2015 Honda Odyssey is a top pick for minivans thanks to its versatile interior, long list of features and engaging driving dynamics." -- Edmunds
- "Obviously, the Odyssey has its functional side. The sliding doors make it easy to get in and out, even in tight parking lots, there's plenty of room for eight passengers, and cargo space is unparalleled. But the Honda Odyssey also has a fuel-efficient and powerful V6 engine, surprisingly good handing, and enough creature comforts to let you think you're behind the wheel of a luxury car, and not the quintessential family hauler." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Beneath its distinctive exterior, the Honda Odyssey is a family-friendly minivan with a flexible cabin that can be configured to seat eight passengers or haul up to 148.5 cubic feet of cargo. This practicality, along with capable handling and admirable fuel efficiency, makes the Odyssey one of the top choices in the minivan segment." -- Left Lane News (2014)
Honda Odyssey Pictures & Videos
Other Minivans to Consider
The Toyota Sienna has a more powerful engine than the Odyssey, and it’s available with all-wheel drive. Reviewers write that the Sienna’s cargo area is cavernous and its seats are comfortable no matter which row you’re in.
Test drivers love the Chrysler Town & Country’s standard Stow ‘n Go second-row seats, which fold flat into the floor to expand the cargo area. Unlike most minivans, the Town & Country comes standard with a rear-seat entertainment system, and critics like the upscale ambiance of the Town & Country’s interior.
Details: 2015 Honda Odyssey
The 2015 Honda Odyssey seats up to eight and comes in five trims: LX, EX, EX-L, Touring and Touring Elite. A 3.5-liter V6 engine, six-speed automatic transmission and front-wheel drive are standard. The Honda Odyssey’s last full redesign was in 2011, and after receiving several updates last year, the Odyssey returns for 2015 with no major changes. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2011 through 2015 model years.
Research Prices: 2015 Honda Odyssey
Over 50,000 car shoppers have purchased a car through the U.S. News Best Price Program. Our pricing beat the national average 86% of the time with shoppers receiving average savings of $3,221 off MSRP across vehicles. See what others paid for the Honda Odyssey and get upfront pricing to make sure you don't overpay. Learn More »
Next Steps: Honda Odyssey
- View the best prices for the 2015 Honda Odyssey
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Honda Odyssey
- Search used Honda Odyssey for sale (10,380 listings)
- See Minivans rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals