Honda Odyssey Interior
Critics say the 2015 Honda Odyssey has soft-touch interior materials and exceptional build quality when compared with its rivals. The 2015 Odyssey has one of the largest cargo areas in the class, and reviewers write that all three rows of seats are comfortable for adults. Test drivers also appreciate the Odyssey’s flexible second-row seating arrangement and built-in vacuum, as well as its rear-seat surround-sound entertainment system.
- "The most notable difference between the Odyssey and its competitors is its interior build quality: The seats, dash, storage compartments and trim in the Odyssey are all surprisingly well constructed. Every surface in the Odyssey looks and feels sturdy." -- AutoTrader
- "The 2015 Honda Odyssey may just have the most flexible interior layout of any vehicle you can buy. Not only can it seat up to eight passengers, the second row cleverly reconfigures to fit three child booster seats at the same time." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Odyssey's interior is artfully designed and nicely appointed, with many soft-touch surfaces." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
Honda Odyssey Pictures
The base 2015 Honda Odyssey LX seats seven people in three rows and comes standard with cloth upholstery and power-adjustable front seats. Upgrading to the EX trim adds seating for eight. Leather upholstery and heated front seats are standard on EX-L and higher trims. Auto writers love the Odyssey’s reconfigurable second row on higher trims, which can accommodate three booster seats across, and features a middle seat that can be removed to provide an aisle to the third row. You can also slide the center seat forward to move a child closer to the front row. Reviewers note that all three rows of seats are comfortable for adults, even the third row.
- "Particularly noteworthy is the multifunction second-row seat that can be adjusted to create a middle aisle or side aisle for easier third-row access. On EX and higher trim levels, the center portion of the second-row bench can slide forward more than 5 inches to put the youngest passenger's car seat within easy reach of mom or dad." -- Edmunds
- "There's enough space in the 3rd row for adults, particularly if the 2nd-row seat is moved forward." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
- "All the seats are comfortable when compared with the competition. The driver's seat sits upright a bit, like in most minivans. The second-row seats are nice and wide, so adults will be comfortable on road trips, and the third row has plenty of room for angst-ridden teens who want to be as far from the parental units as possible." -- Cars.com (2011)
Standard features in the base 2015 Honda Odyssey LX include a rearview camera, Bluetooth, hands-free text messaging, a USB port, a seven-speaker audio system, an 8-inch color infotainment display and Pandora compatability. The EX trim adds power sliding doors, tri-zone automatic climate control, a passenger-side blind spot camera, push-button start and a touch-screen audio system. EX-L models include a power moonroof, a built-in cooler, a power liftgate, forward collision warning, lane departure warning and satellite radio. The Honda Odyssey Touring comes with front and rear parking sensors, while the top-of-the-line Touring Elite has the HondaVAC built-in vacuum, blind spot monitoring, an HDMI input, a 12-speaker surround-sound audio system and HD Radio. Navigation and a split-screen rear-seat entertainment system are available on the EX-L, Touring and Touring Elite models.
Most automotive journalists report that the Honda Odyssey’s climate control and audio buttons are legible and intuitively arranged. They add that the rear-seat entertainment system with surround sound delivers home theater-quality entertainment on the go. Some critics wish the available HondaVAC vacuum was more powerful, but others say it has plenty of power.
- "The large touchscreen included on all but the base LX model serves as a rearview camera display and provides access to audio system controls, including popular apps like Pandora. The remaining controls are sensibly arranged and clearly labeled in a way that makes everything very user-friendly." -- Edmunds
- "Just because you're on a road trip doesn't mean you can't have a first-class home-theater experience. Use the HDMI port for gaming consoles, or just put aside the wireless headphones and enjoy the Dolby 5.1 surround-sound system that turns the Odyssey into a symphony hall on wheels." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "… [HondaVAC] has enough strength to remove all the spilled sand from feet, towels, chairs, and umbrellas after a day at the beach." -- The Boston Globe (2014)
The 2015 Honda Odyssey has one of the most spacious cargo areas in its class with 38.4 cubic feet of cargo space behind the third row, 93.1 cubic feet behind the second row and 148.5 cubic feet behind the front seats. Critics love how easy it is to fold the third-row seats flat into the floor, and they appreciate the Odyssey’s wide variety of interior storage features, which include numerous cup holders, cargo bins, bag hooks and an available built-in cooler. However, some complain that the Odyssey’s heavy second-row seats have to be removed to take full advantage of the minivan’s cavernous cargo area. Rivals like the Chrysler Town & Country have second-row seats that fold flat into the floor.
- "The 2015 Honda Odyssey uses every part of its generous interior space. The 3rd- row ‘Magic Seat’ splits 60/40, folding into the floor with one pull, while the 2nd-row seats can slide outward 1.5 inches, permitting three child safety seats to be placed side by side. If you need small-item storage, there are bins aplenty, and we lost track of how many cup and bottle holders there are." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The downside to the design of those second-row seats (55 pounds each) quickly becomes apparent when you discover they must be removed and stored to make full use of the Odyssey's 148.5 cubic feet of total cargo capacity." -- Edmunds
- "With the third-row seats up, there's a deep well behind the seats, enough to hold a week's worth of groceries. We folded those seats flat, a simple task accomplished by pulling a pair of straps. Then there was room for all of our gear ... and more." -- The Boston Globe (2014)
- "Passengers will find a bounty of cupholders, trays, and storage bins of various sizes, and front-seaters get both upper and lower map pockets. The cooled storage box on the lower part of the dashboard is a nice feature; we wish it were available across the board rather than just the EX-L and above." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
Next Steps: Honda Odyssey
- View the best prices for the 2015 Honda Odyssey
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Honda Odyssey
- Search used Honda Odyssey for sale (10,380 listings)
- See Minivans rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals