Honda Odyssey Performance
Automotive journalists agree that the 2015 Honda Odyssey offers one of the most satisfying driving experiences in the class, with nimble handling, a comfortable ride and strong acceleration.
- "Many people promise themselves that they'll never buy a minivan, but for millions of Americans, family life necessitates owning one. Should they climb behind the wheel of the Odyssey, they'll be pleasantly surprised by its excellent driving characteristics." -- AutoTrader
- "Perhaps the Odyssey's most notable attribute, however, is a driving experience that feels a good bit more engaging than what you get from other competing minivans. Though the Odyssey -- like virtually all modern minivans -- long ago outgrew its ‘mini’ dimensions, it rides and handles like a smaller vehicle." -- Edmunds
- "Considering its primary mission is to haul passengers and cargo in safety and comfort, the 2015 Honda Odyssey is surprisingly satisfying to drive." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "A quick spin won’t make you forget that there’s a huge people-and-junk-hauling cabin behind you, but the Odyssey’s agility is remarkable." -- Left Lane News (2011)
Acceleration and Power
The 2015 Honda Odyssey comes with a 248-horsepower, 3.5-liter V6 engine and a six-speed automatic transmission. The 2015 Odyssey gets an EPA-estimated 19/28 mpg city/highway, which is slightly better than the fuel economy of most minivans.
Though the Honda Odyssey has less horsepower than competitors like the Toyota Sienna, test drivers say that it feels quite powerful around town and has no trouble passing and merging on the highway.
- "Power delivery is linear, intense and quite satisfying." -- AutoTrader
- "While the 2015 Honda Odyssey's V6 may be out-muscled by rivals like the Toyota Sienna, there's still more than enough power to handle situations like passing slower cars on a two-lane country road or merging onto a busy urban freeway." -- Edmunds
- "The 248-horsepower V6 isn't the most powerful, but it has no problem moving this big van along without fuss, and paired with the standard 6-speed automatic it gets a class-leading 28 mpg on the highway." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "A slight press on the throttle sends the Odyssey off the line with confidence. Around town, there is more than enough torque to move around smartly and weave between the tourists who obviously aren't under any type of schedule." -- Autoblog (2011)
Handling and Braking
Test drivers agree that the 2015 Honda Odyssey has a comfortable ride and remarkably nimble handling for a minivan. They write that sharp steering and strong brakes further contribute to its agility.
- "The suspension delivers a nice balance of ride comfort and secure handling, which is further enhanced by the most precise and responsive steering feel in the minivan segment." -- Edmunds
- "Around town and on the highway, the Odyssey's suspension soaks up road imperfections to ensure a comfortable ride, yet it manages to provide reassuringly competent handling on winding mountain roads, and very good braking." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The ride is as comfortable and poised as before, with body roll remaining minimal for a minivan." -- Car and Driver (2011)
- "What’s more, Honda has now developed the ride and handling of its front-drive minivan to such a high level that I speculate how far back in history we have to go to find sports cars that didn’t handle this well. Probably not all that far." -- Road and Track (2011)
Next Steps: Honda Odyssey
- View the best prices for the 2015 Honda Odyssey
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Honda Odyssey
- Search used Honda Odyssey for sale (10,380 listings)
- See Minivans rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals