2011 Honda Pilot Recalls & Reliability
There have been 3 safety recalls issued from NHTSA.
AIR BAGSRecall Date: 01/18/2013
- Consequence: The absence of more than one rivet could alter the performance of the driver's airbag during deployment. This could potentially increase the risk of injury during a crash.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 13V016000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 748,481
- Summary: Honda is recalling certain model year 2009-2013 Pilot and 2011-2013 Odyssey passenger vehicles manufactured from March 13, 2008, through December 21, 2012. One or more rivets that attach the airbag module to the airbag cover may be missing.
- Remedy: Honda will notify owners and instruct them to take their vehicle to a Honda dealer. The dealer will inspect the driver's airbag module and replace it if necessary, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin on, or about, February 21, 2013. Owners may contact Honda at 1-800-999-1009.
- Notes: Honda's recall campaign number is S75. Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
SEAT BELTS:FRONT:WEBBINGRecall Date: 09/08/2011
- Consequence: IF THE STITCHING IS INCOMPLETE OR MISSING, THE SEATBELT MAY DETACH FROM THE ANCHOR WEBBING, INCREASING THE RISK OF PERSONAL INJURY IN A CRASH.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 11V468000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 310,773
- Summary: HONDA IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2009-2011 PILOT VEHICLES MANUFACTURED FROM MARCH 13, 2008, THROUGH AUGUST 30, 2011. THERE IS A POSSIBILITY THAT THE STITCHING THAT SECURES THE END OF THE DRIVER AND FRONT PASSENGER LAP SECTION OF THE SEATBELT MAY BE INCOMPLETE OR MISSING.
- Remedy: HONDA DEALERS WILL CONDUCT A SPECIALIZED INSPECTION OF THE DRIVER AND FRONT PASSENGER SEATBELTS, AND IF NECESSARY, REPLACE THE SEATBELTS, FREE OF CHARGE. THE SAFETY RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN ON OR ABOUT OCTOBER 3, 2011. OWNERS MAY CONTACT HONDA AUTOMOBILE CUSTOMER SERVICE AT 1-800-999-1009.
- Notes: HONDA'S RECALL CAMPAIGN NUMBER IS R95. OWNERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV .
SUSPENSIONRecall Date: 12/16/2010
- Consequence: LOSS OF STEERING INCREASES THE RISK OF A CRASH.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 10V640000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 10,823
- Summary: HONDA IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2010-2011 HONDA ACCORD V6 AND MODEL YEAR 2011 HONDA PILOT VEHICLES. THE BOLTS THAT ATTACH THE LOWER LEFT AND RIGHT FRONT DAMPER BRACKET TO THE FRONT SUSPENSION AND THE SPINDLE NUTS ON THE PILOT MAY NOT HAVE BEEN PROPERLY TIGHTENED WHICH MAY RESULT IN LOSS OF STEERING. THE SPINDLE NUTS FOR THE AXLE ON THE ACCORD V6 MAY NOT HAVE BEEN TIGHTENED PROPERLY WHICH MAY RESULT IN EXCESSIVE NOISE AND/OR LOSS OF STEERING.
- Remedy: DEALER WILL INSPECT AND REPLACE ANY LOOSE FRONT DAMPER BRACKET BOLTS OR SPINDLE NUTS ON THE PILOT IF NECESSARY. DEALER WILL INSPECT AND REPLACE THE SPINDLE NUTS ON THE ACCORD V6 IF NECESSARY. THE SAFETY RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN ON OR BEFORE DECEMBER 23, 2010. OWNERS MAY CONTACT HONDA AT 1-800-999-1009.
- Notes: HONDA'S SAFETY RECALL NO. R60. OWNERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV .
Our reliability score is based on the J.D. Power and Associates Vehicle Dependability Study (VDS) rating or, if unavailable, the J.D. Power Predicted Reliability rating.
- Among The Best
- Better Than Most
- About Average
- The Rest
Note that warranty coverage that came with the vehicle when it was new may not transfer to subsequent owners. Check with the manufacturer to see if a warranty may still apply.
Next Steps: 2011 Honda Pilot