Honda Pilot Interior
Auto writers say that the 2015 Honda Pilot’s interior is functionally designed with clear gauges, but that its styling also isn’t particularly attention-grabbing. Many are also disappointed with the Pilot’s bargain-basement interior materials, even on the top Touring trim. Reviewers appreciate the Pilot's spacious seats in all three rows, as well as its useful cargo area.
- "The biggest knock against the Honda Pilot's interior is the generally down-market appearance of the cabin trim -- it's a couple of steps below the nicely appointed Honda Accord. Otherwise, the 2015 Pilot has a useful interior design with thoughtful details and clear instrumentation." -- Edmunds
- "There's nothing eye-popping, just basic good design that works well. Still, the interior is not bare or bland, and in the EX-L trim level it is luxuriously plush." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Although undeniably practical, the interior materials are depressingly industrial-grade, and that's in the top-of-the-line Touring." -- Automobile Magazine (2013)
- "In terms of design, the cabin is straightforward in its layout, with simple, easy-to-use controls. Some materials feel thin and cheap, however." -- Left Lane News
The 2015 Pilot seats eight, and is available with leather upholstery and power-adjustable, heated front seats. Reviewers say that all three rows of seats are roomy with plenty of legroom, which is unusual for the class, and that outward visibility is exceptional from the driver’s seat. Some also appreciate that the second-row seats slide forward to make the third row easier to access. However, a few test drivers mention that the second- and third-row seats are mounted low, which creates an awkward seating position for taller passengers.
- "With more than 152.7 cu ft. of passenger space spread across three rows of seats, the Pilot feels spacious and versatile. The front row offers excellent visibility, and the 3-passenger second row has a 60/40-split folding seat that slides forward for better third-row access." -- AutoTrader
- "Unlike in some other three-row crossovers, the Pilot's third row provides genuinely acceptable room for adults. Unfortunately, the seat cushions for the second and third rows are too low, forcing longer-legged passengers into more of a squatting, knees-up position. The Chevy Traverse and Ford Flex are much more comfortable in this regard." -- Edmunds
- "Each of the three rows of seats provides more-than-adequate legroom, welcome in the midsize category." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "If carrying passengers rather than cargo is the task, the spacious second row slides forward for increased ease of access to the third row, which supplies enough knee room for an above-average-sized adult male to fit comfortably." -- Left Lane News
The 2015 Honda Pilot comes standard with tri-zone automatic climate control, Bluetooth, a rearview camera, a USB port and a seven-speaker stereo system. Available features include a 10-speaker stereo system, navigation, satellite radio, a rear-seat entertainment system, front and rear parking sensors and a power sunroof.
The Pilot impresses with its straightforward audio, climate and navigation controls, which reviewers note are logically arranged on the center stack. However, some test drivers point out that the Pilot is not available with features that are common in the class, such as blind spot monitoring and lane departure warning.
- "The Pilot's instrument panel has a wide center-stack design that intelligently groups controls for the audio system, climate controls, and -- on Pilots so equipped -- the navigation and DVD entertainment systems." -- AutoTrader
- "… the Pilot is also missing several convenience, comfort and safety features that have become commonplace in the segment. For example, there are no driver warning systems for blind spots or lane departure, nor smartphone app integration, keyless ignition and ventilated seats." -- Edmunds
- "The 2015 Honda Pilot's interior is a study in efficiency. All controls are logically placed and easy to operate." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "All Pilots feature an eight-inch touchscreen that helps reduce button clutter by integrating controls for the stereo and navigation system (when equipped), and hands-free Bluetooth integration and a rearview camera are other useful standard features." -- Left Lane News
The 2015 Pilot has 18 cubic feet of cargo space behind the third row, which expands to 47.7 cubic feet with the third row folded, or 87 cubic feet with both rows folded. Reviewers agree that the 2015 Pilot offers a useful amount of cargo space, and that its boxy exterior shape provides ample interior space for large items. Some mention that there’s room for a stroller or two sets of carry-on luggage behind the third row, while others praise the Pilot’s large underfloor storage bin and numerous small-item storage spaces.
- "There's also an upside to the Pilot's boxy shape: It allows for a more usefully shaped cargo bay for bulky items and ultimately makes life more convenient. Just drop those rear seats and you're ready to rock at Costco." -- Edmunds
- "Cargo capacity behind the rear seat is roughly equivalent to the trunk of a large sedan, there's a generous storage bin below the rear floor and plenty of roof space for a carrier rack." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "There's space not only for people but for their junk too, starting with a claimed 18 cubic feet behind the third seat. That appears to be an overstatement, but there is room for two roll-aboard bags and a couple of duffles stacked on top -- there's also a usefully sized cubby underneath." -- Automobile Magazine (2013)
- "There is space for a couple golf bags or a folded stroller behind the 3rd row. The built-in rear cargo net can be affixed to the side panels to form a second loading ‘hammock’ for smaller, lightweight items. Ample small-items storage includes a versatile front console, two-tier front-seat-back pouches, and plenty of compartments and cubbies." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
Next Steps: Honda Pilot
- View the best prices for the 2015 Honda Pilot
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Honda Pilot
- Search used Honda Pilot for sale (10,431 listings)
- See Affordable Midsize SUVs rankings